Iron Problem

jkillips16

Chieftain
I've just installed Civ 3 Complete recently, and have been playing with the VIkings. We're in archipelagos, and apparently there is very little iron in this world. At one point, after I've had Feudalism and everything, and I traded for iron, I still couldn't build Pikeman or Swordsmen. Does anyone know what the deal is?

Do you have a saved game you can post? If you have Feudalism and iron, you should be able to build pikes and swords (medieval infantry). Unless you were trying to build them on islands that weren't hooked to your capital by harbor?

Renata

Nope, it was on the capital island, and everyone's connected. Here's the latest saved game, but it's much later, and no one likes me enough to trade me iron at the moment (the raping and pillaging is ruining my rep, I think).

Oh, wait, the game is on my other computer. I'll post it from there shortly.

Thanks!

You arent trading for iron. And you cant because it looks like your rep is ruined. Load your Berzerks on a couple of boats and go take Eboracum to the North. Build a harbor. Enjoy your iron. You have enough Zerks to probably take that whole island.

Oh, I definitely know that I could do it now. But, when I was able to trade for iron (many moons ago), and did trade for it, I got none of the benefits - I couldn't build Swords, or upgrade to Pikes.

Right now, I also can't do Military Alliances for some reason. It's ben a few months since I played regularly, but what's that about? Am I forgetting something?

Thanks!

jkillips16 said:
Right now, I also can't do Military Alliances for some reason. It's ben a few months since I played regularly, but what's that about? Am I forgetting something?

Thanks!

If your rep is ruined, then no one will trust you for an MA.

Of course, but let me rephrase more correctly. MAs aren't even an OPTION under my trade screen (such as resources, luxuries, etc.). Other civs have offered me MAs during this game, but I've never been able to initiate that.

AnsarKing101 said:
You need to build an embassy on that civ to be able to do ROP and MA's.

Wait...does there need to be an embassy for the AI to offer YOU MA's? I forget... :confused:

I'll have to check where I have embassies. I think I did it, but may be confusing it with an earlier game. That's the problem with playing too much this weekend :). I know for a fact the Incas did offer me an ROP/MA, and I do have an embassy with them.

VladTepes said:
Wait...does there need to be an embassy for the AI to offer YOU MA's? I forget... :confused:

Yes there does. All the diplomatic agreements (embargos, RoP, MA, MPP) require an embassy between the 2 civs making the agreement.

Top Bottom