Irrational District/Wonder Placement for Aesthetic Reasons

It is the Maya, so they're good at that sort of thing.
What mod are you using, with the red bell and everything?

This is the Switch version, hence the interface looking this way. Nintendo doesn't allow mods T^T

For me I can't bring myself to build districts if there aren't any good spots for them. I used to hate making Theater Squares because it was mostly impossible to get decent adjacencies for them without wonders, but now they at least have the Entertainment Complex major adjacency which allows me to make them now. Commercial hubs are still a problem though, as they just have rivers and the harbor, which is rather limiting.
I guess it's not exactly aesthetics, but it does cause me to play suboptimally for the sake of pursuing a specific ideal.

You're not the only one! I avoid or put off placing districts that don't have adjacency unless I realllly need it (e.g. if I have mostly flat land in my empire, I still need to place campuses, but I'll at least try to stack them with other districts).

Honestly I am more impressed by that Sydney-Floodbarrier-Harbor line.

Honestly I am more impressed by that Sydney-Floodbarrier-Harbor line.
That's definitely the first time I've seen a flood barrier and thought it looked aesthetically pleasing.

This doesn't have to do with districts or wonders but since I've started the new game mode I kind of planned it to wanting to build the different industry/corporation improvements either adjacent to where I want to build a commercial hub, or harbor if a coastal city. At least I think a corporation look better when near the financial or shipping parts of the city.

This doesn't have to do with districts or wonders but since I've started the new game mode I kind of planned it to wanting to build the different industry/corporation improvements either adjacent to where I want to build a commercial hub, or harbor if a coastal city. At least I think a corporation look better when near the financial or shipping parts of the city.

Commerial Hub/Harbor-City Center-Industry/Corporation triangle, baby! :lol:

I have yet to make a coastal Corporation but the "upgraded Fishing Boats" look of the Industry was a bit underwhelming. Much prefer them on land luxuries.

Top Bottom