Is 10 turn war mandatory

player1 fanatic

Fanatic
Is 10 turn war mandatory?

What I can see is if I trash AI in just couple of turns, he is still unable to plead to peace, until mandatory 10 turns pass.

Is this as intended?

Probably... the devs don't want the AI caving, just because things look bad for 1 turn (don't want the US surrendering to Japan right after Pearl Harbor)..instead they want the AI to take the time to see that it really has lost (or that it actually still has a chance)

It's also like that to stop you asking to join a war for gold/resources and then declaring peace the same turn for gold/resources. It's also why peace treaties have a mandatory ten turn minimum too.

Believe it or not, this also applies in multiplayer, between human players. :crazyeye: Granted that they can just agree not to fight in the chat, but it's stupid nonetheless.

So if AI is completly beaten in couple of turns with only his trash cities remaining, I'm forced to play defensive until turn timer expires, if I do not want his remaining cities.

Right?

Seems like game promotes completly conqering enemies, instead of shorter surgical strikes.

Pretty much

You can always take all but one of their cities (or however many you can take in 10 turns) and give all the ones you dont want back at the peace treaty.

The best policy is to take all their cities except for one, make them cede them over, then re-declare 10 turns later to wipe them out. If you don't make them formally cede their cities, the war weariness in them will go through the roof whenever you start a war with someone else. This bug just happened to me and spawned 4 Knights behind the lines when I had Archers to defend... I could've slaughtered them due to the bad AI, sure; but why bother to play a game with such flaws in the first place?

they needs to fix the damn AI rushing issue especially capturing city states very early. this game is NOT star craft...

or you could use this
Seems a bit heavy-handed; I'd prefer that war weariness exists, but works properly (doesn't linger forever due to the bug I described). Or does this mod also fix the bug?

Either way it is a solution, so thanks for the link. :) Still waiting for a giant mod that combines all the fixes in one (and is broken by the first patch, etc etc... I guess this ritual must happen with every Civ :rolleyes:)...

Top Bottom