1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is 10 turn war mandatory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by player1 fanatic, Nov 7, 2016.

1. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Is 10 turn war mandatory?

What I can see is if I trash AI in just couple of turns, he is still unable to plead to peace, until mandatory 10 turns pass.

Is this as intended?

2. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Probably... the devs don't want the AI caving, just because things look bad for 1 turn (don't want the US surrendering to Japan right after Pearl Harbor)..instead they want the AI to take the time to see that it really has lost (or that it actually still has a chance)

3. DudewiththeFood

DudewiththeFood King

It's also like that to stop you asking to join a war for gold/resources and then declaring peace the same turn for gold/resources. It's also why peace treaties have a mandatory ten turn minimum too.

4. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

Believe it or not, this also applies in multiplayer, between human players. :crazyeye: Granted that they can just agree not to fight in the chat, but it's stupid nonetheless.

5. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

So if AI is completly beaten in couple of turns with only his trash cities remaining, I'm forced to play defensive until turn timer expires, if I do not want his remaining cities.

Right?

Seems like game promotes completly conqering enemies, instead of shorter surgical strikes.

6. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Pretty much

7. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

5 turn timer would have made much more sense.

8. Olleus

Olleus Deity

You can always take all but one of their cities (or however many you can take in 10 turns) and give all the ones you dont want back at the peace treaty.

9. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

The best policy is to take all their cities except for one, make them cede them over, then re-declare 10 turns later to wipe them out. If you don't make them formally cede their cities, the war weariness in them will go through the roof whenever you start a war with someone else. This bug just happened to me and spawned 4 Knights behind the lines when I had Archers to defend... I could've slaughtered them due to the bad AI, sure; but why bother to play a game with such flaws in the first place?

10. bladex

bladex Emperor

they needs to fix the damn AI rushing issue especially capturing city states very early. this game is NOT star craft...

11. bladex

bladex Emperor

or you could use this

12. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

Seems a bit heavy-handed; I'd prefer that war weariness exists, but works properly (doesn't linger forever due to the bug I described). Or does this mod also fix the bug?

Either way it is a solution, so thanks for the link. :) Still waiting for a giant mod that combines all the fixes in one (and is broken by the first patch, etc etc... I guess this ritual must happen with every Civ :rolleyes:)...