Is G2A good?

You get the same product. GMG even includes the pre-order thingy, Aztecs IIRC.

But... you get the key in the email generally one or max two days before release. Sometimes even on release. Which means you generally miss the pre-load or are late to the party, if that's available.

Thanks donald23 :thumbsup:

My Steam preorder shall remain then, I've already made all the necessary arrangements and therefore further delays are unacceptable.

Not all countries have preorder available on Steam. It was a long wait to have it here in Russia.

I believe the key problem is setting correct price. The more volatile currency is - the later price is set. RUR isn't the most stable of currencies, so we only got price recently. I believe TRY is considered even more risky due to internal and external political situations, so 2K delays setting precise price as long as possible.

I believe the key problem is setting correct price. The more volatile currency is - the later price is set. RUR isn't the most stable of currencies, so we only got price recently. I believe TRY is considered even more risky die to internal and external political situations, so 2K delays setting precise price as long as possible.
I never knew. Thanks for this insight.

So [G2A] stole from someone by direct or indirect means, kicked them in the knees by selling their product without benefits for the developer, and laughed off an indie developer's declining financial situation for which they are responsible, and sought to profit from the damage they've done. Bottom line - they are scum, and have been for a very long time.

Hey now! How dare you call G2A scum!

I mean, think about how the soap residue in my bathroom would feel, if it heard you comparing it to those bastards!

If I buy this will I active at Turkey? And is it legit?

GamesPlanet is 100% legit, meaning they bought their keys to the editors themselves, unlike G2A where keys origins are unknown, which often means bought cheaper in another country or bought with suspicious money.
GamesPlanet after-sales service is very good, where G2A is decent but you never know what can happen, also you can ask refund to GamesPlanet if you didn’t activate the key, G2A policy about that is more unclear.
GamesPlanet doesn’t have cheap ways to suck up your money, unlike G2A which uses Shield for better quality support, among other things, which is quite despicable.
So if you want to buy keys at a cheaper price I advise you to choose GamesPlanet or GreenManGaming, which is also fine, and stay away from G2A since they hurt the industry and the consumers more than they're doing good.

Now about the region lock on Steam, from the look of it you can’t buy the game in Turkey, but it also often means that you can’t activate the product within the locked region, if I were you I’d write to the Steam support and see if the game is only locked to sales or also to activation.
If the activation is locked you’ll have to buy a key from GamesPlanet or GreenManGaming, then use a VPN and connect to a server where the game is not locked, let’s say Germany, in order to activate the game - the VPN will change your IP so Steam will think you come from Gremany. Once the game is activated you’ll have to disconnect from the server, and in theory you can download the game and launch it safely, without the need to use a VPN again, I say in theory because I never had the need to use a VPN to bypass a region lock, so if someone can confirm it would be great.

Not all countries have preorder available on Steam. It was a long wait to have it here in Russia.

I believe the key problem is setting correct price. The more volatile currency is - the later price is set. RUR isn't the most stable of currencies, so we only got price recently. I believe TRY is considered even more risky due to internal and external political situations, so 2K delays setting precise price as long as possible.

Yes. It’s probably what’s happening.

To be fair, G2A isn't so much the scums as they are the platform for where some people do really scummy things. Most of the discounts they get by reselling keys and playing with regional pricing, for a game like Civ the sellers would be vetted fairly well.

Most of the time they try to be cheaper by fixing things other retailers abuse. Every Canadian or Australian knows how we constantly get ripped off for games because our dollar hit a low for a few weeks at one point but then retailers like Valve were "nice" to give us the option to pay more than the current exchange...

All of that said... They do shady things. The G2A shield is bordering on abusive. They've ruined or nearly ruined indy devs for having sellers that sold cashbacked or stolen keys. You are somewhat supporting that...

I've bought a few games on G2A and never had a problem, even though I don't use their protection thingy (no-one needs remote access to my desktop, ever). That said, I wait until a game I want is dirt-cheap so if I ever get burnt I'll only lose a few quid, and I use paypal to avoid my credit card number being stolen.

I pre-ordered that site, i'm waiting release date of game.
(We are in the same country)

Acaba hangi siteden ön sipariş verdin? G2Adan mı?

Moderator Action: This is an English language forum, please provide translations in English if you post in a foreign language. Thanks.

Thanks mod. I said where did you preordered from? From G2a?

It is on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/?

I don't know whether you have other difficulties (like payment method) on steam, but it is available.

On greenmangaming(GMG) it has a 20% lower price, but I don't know if the game has any regional restrictions over there.

Edit: I just checked a comparison site where I could set the region to Turkey and oddly GMG doesn't show up then. But gamesplanet (-20%) and humblestore(-0%) are amongst others on the list which I have used to buy games.
Where are people seeing this 20% lower? I'm seeing it for $59.99, and not seeing any promo codes.

Top Bottom