is it me or did game lag so HARD after the recent update

the game takes longer to load and lags longer than it used to... and I believe it happened after the launcher update...

Do this simple trick and you will never have to deal with the launcher and its effects again. I did it and feel happy about it. Usually I endure all sorts of launchers, and I've been enduring the 2K launcher up till now, but this version of 2K launcher doesn't close when the game starts, it stays on, presumably eating your resources. So, congrats, 2K, on your launcher update that makes users to become more IT literate so they could get rid of it. Really well done.

Yes this update did slow things down. Avoiding the launcher fixed it but I also found I had to disable a couple mods that worked fine pre-update but caused obscene load times after the update, even when skipping the launcher. But it does seem largely back to normal again once you avoid the darn launcher. Their previous launcher was fine. I don't know what this monstrosity did but it works horribly.

I have had a few crashes on loading or generating a new game. It might be my pc as well, but it always seems to happen when I'm running firefox on my second monitor.

Small update: Firaxis has acknowledged the launcher issues, and is asking affected players to submit a support ticket. https://twitter.com/FiraxisGames/status/1380187728223088642

Though I have to wonder how much submitting a ticket will actually help...

It will help as much as the other 238,962 tickets submitted before...

Stick with the bypass trick, and do not call their attention with complaints and tickets... knowing them, their solution might well be to eliminate the bypass method.

For the first time, a week before the launcher but after Portugal, I had a game where AI took 1-2 minutes to play it’s turns on fast combat/animations, starting when a word war broke out in industrial era. Large with 12 living AI I think. I don’t remember it ever taking longer than 20-30 seconds, even on such games. But with some mods the military score was 3000+ for most civs. I also notice AA units for the first time after that update, so wondering if any AI combat tweaks in the update that could be slowing it down.

The game is taking longer to load and I have had it keep skipping and freezing which I never had before. Why did they break my game just to add a dumb launcher?

I bypassed it and all my game problems were fixed immediately. Jesus how can a launcher cause the game to run so poorly.

It will help as much as the other 238,962 tickets submitted before...

Outch.. there has been that many!?!
I admire your precision, my dear sir from Vancouver.
:smoke:

PS; BTW.. XCom2 no longer loads at all (from the Steam pushin button). Strangely, the WotC-DLC does activate properly **IF** we use the custom AML launcher.

Outch.. there has been that many!?!
I admire your precision, my dear sir from Vancouver.
:smoke:

PS; BTW.. XCom2 no longer loads at all (from the Steam pushin button). Strangely, the WotC-DLC does activate properly **IF** we use the custom AML launcher.
how incompetent are they? 4k NEEDS to be fired. I hope fraxis and 4k appoligies when it is resolved AND do some sort of re-payment for all the trouble... like refund 10% of game to everyone or something!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I thought I couldn't play the game cuz I hate the zombie add-ons, and then I gave it a try. Turned out my game became sooooooo laggy. I felt stupid for even giving it a try chance. :lol::crazyeye:

Top Bottom