Is it possible to change % deserts?

planetfall

Emperor
I looked in common files but didn't find it. Is there a way to edit file(s) to change percentage of terrain types?

Thanks

Map script....I haven't looked but nowhere else I can think of for it to be...

that depend on the script and the version you play :

_ if you play with default map scripts with vanilla/warlords , you can try my version of some default map generator

_ if you play with a script that do not override terrain generation (most of the default and custom scripts ) , you can try to edit ..\Assets\Python\CvMapGeneratorUtil.py , "class TerrainGenerator" ... do not hesitate to ask if you want to do that .

_ if the map script override the default generation you have to edit it and look at the "def generateTerrainTypes" function

Tcho !

_ if the map script override the default generation you have to edit it and look at the "def generateTerrainTypes" function

Tcho !

Made some simple changes, reversed forest and jungle percentages and then desert and plains percentages. In classes TerrainGenerator and FeatureGenerator.

I couldn't find the generateTerrainTypes function. Is it in one of the pyc files? Windows XP search file content under Assets directory found nothing.

Appreciate your help.

I couldn't find the generateTerrainTypes function. Is it in one of the pyc files? Windows XP search file content under Assets directory found nothing.

In the case of the map script don't call the class "TerrainGenerator" in "CvMapGeneratorUtil.py" and do its own implementation instead . You have to edit the map script and search for the function "generateTerrainTypes" in the map script . ( sorry for my bad english )

Tcho !

Top Bottom