[GS] Is it possible to create a new yield?

MyNameWontFi

Chieftain
I put this
"insert into Yields values ('YIELD_TEST', 'LOC_YIELD_TEST_NAME', '[ICON_Faith]', -0.5, 1);"
in a .sql file and it shows up in the Yields table as a new yield. I also made granary produce 1 "test" per turn which it says it does, but how do I display how much of the new yield I produce every turn in the top left?

You would need to re-write the User Interface lua file that controls what shows in the Game's top Ribbon. I think that one is called TopPanel.lua

But this will not make the game understand the new yield since it would not be implemented within the game's controlling DLL

By editing other User Interface lua files (such as ProductionPanel.lua) you can make the human player(s) able to use the new yield to for example buy stuff in cities but it is not certain that the AI would be able to make use of the new yield since they don't make use of User Interfaces, and we don't have access to the game's DLL to be able to tell if the code therein is able to auto-adapt to a new yield-type based on what code is entered into the game's database for PurchaseYield arguments and the like in game-tables such as Buidings and Units.

Are all the User Interface files located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI or are there more of them somewhere else? I am not entirely sure what I am looking for.

The AI isn't an issue since I will be playing hot seat.

The base files for the Vanilla version of the game will generally be, but for Gathering Storm many updates and re-directs of these files are made. These are generally found at
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\Expansion2\UI
Generally what happens is that the Gathering Storm files add the code of the Vanilla files into the scripts for Gathering Storm by copying the entire contents of the Vanilla files into the updated versions of the interfaces that Gathering Storm uses.

Top Bottom