Is it possible to finish GEM

mbrady10

Chieftain
Been playing for past week, and put a huge amount of hours into my current game.

I am playing v27, on the GEM with 30 civs, eternity speed.

My system: 3.6Ghz 8Gb ram, 64 bit, 2Gb graphics card.

I am 3550 turns into a 14000 turn game and everything was going quite well, turn times where still arounf 40 sec, and the I got the tech which allows map trading. Once I traded maps, I can now see most of the world, and no doubt about it, it is packed. However, I am now getting MAF failure quite frequntly and I wanted to know, has anyone out there actually finish a gem map game on eternity? My computer is quite new, and the main reason I bought it was to play large civ mods, and i thought with my specs, I could actually finish a game?

I tried turning down the settings, single units etc, and this only marginally helped. I do not use the windowed option thing, would this help?

Any idea's would be welcomed.

This windowed option thing (viewports) would most likely help if you're encountering MAF errors.

Yes, I'm amazed it has taken him this long to get MAFs without Viewports. Try that (with dimensions of 60 by 40 or something) and see if that helps.

Top Bottom