[GS] Is rushing CO2 emission a legit approach to speed up a diplomatic victory?

Bliss

Warlord
I just had this game as Pericles where I managed to become suzerain of every City State very early. Even though my science wasn't average good, I snowballed like crazy through the civic tree, kept the cards Collective Activism (+5% Culture per CS) and International Space Agency (+5% Science per CS). By the end of the game I was generating 1,2k culture per turn and had completed the "Future Civic" multiple times which gives you 50 favors every time. - Funny fact: because of the ridiculous culture I was generating, my domestic tourists were overpowered and didn't allow Cristina to win a CV.

upload_2020-1-8_10-26-56.png upload_2020-1-8_10-32-1.png

However, even though I had such high CPT along the entire game, I had ZERO emergencies due to climate events and needed to wait a lot for World Games and other competitions to get the remaining Diplomatic Points needed to win. Based on this, do you think that if I had pushed CO2 emission early I would have more chances of getting Aid Requests, thus leading me to more diplomatic points earlier and a faster victory?

I would have more chances of getting Aid Requests, thus leading me to more diplomatic points earlier and a faster victory?
Find Australia and burn all their trees... just do not get caught.
...yes burn that coal baby, convert oil factories into coal, build 20 ironclads with the Venetian arsenal.
Give people who have disasters 30 diplomacy points so they can ask for aid

Find Australia and burn all their trees... just do not get caught.
...yes burn that coal baby, convert oil factories into coal, build 20 ironclads with the Venetian arsenal.
Give people who have disasters 30 diplomacy points so they can ask for aid

:lol: Is it possible to chop enemy forests? By the way, I wonder if the spy mission to Breach Dam can result on an emergency. Does it happen?

:lol: Is it possible to chop enemy forests? By the way, I wonder if the spy mission to Breach Dam can result on an emergency. Does it happen?

If you’re already at war with them and you capture their city you can. I believe the only restriction for chopping is that it has to be in your borders.

Top Bottom