Is Sitting Bull AI broken?

DrakenKin

Prince
Right now I am playing for a culture victory, and I stopped research for a long while now. Sitting bull has a dozen technologies that I don't have (and he has all of mine), yet when I try to buy techs from him I see the message "we fear you are becoming too advanced".

All other civs are ok to trade tech, so I don't think I hit some invisible limit... and as I said he has over a dozen techs on me. Broken AI?

It has nothing to do with how advanced you actually are. There is a certain point, which varies with each civ, where you have traded techs with them so many times that they will refuse to continue trading techs and say "We fear you are becoming too advanced" (WFYABTA). Have you traded techs with Sitting Bull earlier in the game? If so, you may now be at his tech-trading limit.

it's not how many techs you traded with the speficic AI ... its how many techs you've traded while known, with another AI he knows (which could very well be himself)

You question has been answered, but sitting bull is unique in a few ways:

1. Doesn't care about distance when plotting war
2. More peaceful @ cautious than gandhi
3. Hates warmongers but builds as many units as them
4. Techs terribly w/o land help...
5. Because he siphons it into espionage, and will gladly (and constantly) poison your water supply, rather than stealing something useful.

Generally he's a good sight as long as you're not completely boxed in by him, because he's crappy in terms of being a winning threat, but a legit lightning rod for warmongers that doesn't die easily to them.

I thought WFYABTA was civ specific. If you meet 5 civs super early, but only trade with one of them, you can get to WFYABTA with all 5?!?

That's annoying.

You know that something's gone horribly wrong when Sitting Bull has a dozen techs on you, no matter what. :lol:

It seems to me that Sitting Bull's tech tree extends only to the renaissance because that's as far as he ever gets.

I think that annoyance (WFYABTA) was put in to keelp the humans from just cranking alll the sliders down to zero and just 'buy' techs, I remember I once won a game on Deity in CIV III using that strategy.

Why would it be easier to put everything into gold and buy techs than to put everything into research and get the techs yourself (possibly even before anyone else so you can get additional gold/techs out of it) ?

You know that something's gone horribly wrong when Sitting Bull has a dozen techs on you, no matter what. :lol:

It seems to me that Sitting Bull's tech tree extends only to the renaissance because that's as far as he ever gets.

I have had monty and toku attack me with modern armor battleships and aircraft that was really scary:eek:

Why would it be easier to put everything into gold and buy techs than to put everything into research and get the techs yourself (possibly even before anyone else so you can get additional gold/techs out of it) ?

Was like that in Civ III.

Don't ask why...

You question has been answered, but sitting bull is unique in a few ways:

1. Doesn't care about distance when plotting war

Are you sure about that? I thought <iMaxWarDistantPowerRatio>0 means that he will never send his SOD across continent, which fit his tree-hugging personality.

His not broken the higher level you go the more better and smater thay get (The us wont trade the secrets of the F-22 with nation like Australian which has gone to war to protect the us)

Are you sure about that? I thought <iMaxWarDistantPowerRatio>0 means that he will never send his SOD across continent, which fit his tree-hugging personality.
That would make sense, because I don't really think of the Native Americans as being the poster boy civ for power projection. But no, I've been invaded by a giant stack of Sitting Bull's galleons armed to the teeth with trebuchets and macemen. They assaulted a city on a hill with a handful of machine guns. RIP.

His not broken the higher level you go the more better and smater thay get (The us wont trade the secrets of the F-22 with nation like Australian which has gone to war to protect the us)
Can't figure this sentence out.

Top Bottom