1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Aegis worth it?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Strategy & Tips' started by CaptMikeP, Nov 17, 2015.

1. CaptMikeP

CaptMikeP Purity's Finest Warrior

I'm experimenting with the Aegis unit for purity, but I gotta know: is is good? It has a bonus when inside a city and can attack twice I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) which gives it some advantages. But how does it fare in the heat of battle?

2. MAMoob

MAMoob Chieftain

Imo it's pretty bad just as most other ground units. Even worse than most because of tech requirements. It's an outer ring leaf tech that doesn't give anything really useful (and neither does its stem tech). It's a bit better than rangers in combat (even though it's double shot makes it less mobile, as each shot costs 1 movement), but imo not enough to justify getting it. Stick to LEV tanks and autosleds (or no affinity units at all).

3. CaptMikeP

CaptMikeP Purity's Finest Warrior

so basically it's for static warfare then.

4. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Chieftain

The best (and perhaps only) good use for the Aegis as a static defender in a city.