Is there a FAQ for RFCE?

KaiserKevin

Warlord
Just trying new mod today, started as Spanish and am panicking cuz i don't know what the UHV means for 'allow only Catholicism' Do I need to spread Catholicism to all my cities, or do I need to remove the foreign religions as well? I don't see an inquisitor or a way to remove religions so I'm confused.

You have to research classical knowledge to get the inquisitor unit (check the pedia)

Inquisition is in Spain, however, they did not hold monopoly over religious prosecutions so the unit is called Prosecutor. Go to the concept part and read all the information about Religion, too much has changed from the regular game to just sit and play.

Inquisition is in Spain, however, they did not hold monopoly over religious prosecutions so the unit is called Prosecutor. Go to the concept part and read all the information about Religion, too much has changed from the regular game to just sit and play.

That's not really true. The Inquisition existed far before being introduced in Spain, and even at the same time in other parts of Europe.

You associate it with Spain as part of the "Leyenda Negra". :p

Well, nevermind. Religious Prosecutor sounds cool, like english-english.

That's not really true. The Inquisition existed far before being introduced in Spain, and even at the same time in other parts of Europe.

You associate it with Spain as part of the "Leyenda Negra". :p

Well, nevermind. Religious Prosecutor sounds cool, like english-english.

Yes I wasn't clear. I meant the Inquisition was a Catholic thing, but religious prosecutions exited in all religions (except perhaps Judaism).

Yes I wasn't clear. I meant the Inquisition was a Catholic thing, but religious prosecutions exited in all religions (except perhaps Judaism).
They did arrange to have that heretic Jesus fellow offed by the Roman according to some accounts, that is sort of a religious prosecution isn't it? :)

Only thing about RFC:E Spain is that the EP bonus doesn't seem to work properly, the witch/heretic burning part is working beautifully.

Well the JC incident in Jerusalem was before the time of the mod. During our time frame Jews were more often than not at the wrong end of the religious prosecutions.

What doesn't work about the EP bonus? Last time there were some issues on how it is computed on the city screen, but it was correctly added to the EP screen.

Well the JC incident in Jerusalem was before the time of the mod. During our time frame Jews were more often than not at the wrong end of the religious prosecutions.
As with most groups, when Judiasm was in charge, it persecuted the other faiths in those periods. It just hasn't been the official religion very often then or since...
The early Christians faced huge persecutions from the Hebrews (well, those who didn't convert anyhow!)... early judiasm was also not too kind to the local polytheistic groups.

Top Bottom