Is there a generally accepted best civ(s)?

I read in another thread on civrevforum that what Cid Meyer wan'ted when he made this game was.. He wan'ted the player to feel that..

"No matter what civ I choose, my bonuses and advantages are so strong so there is no chanse of me to loose"...

Whith that said I would say Zulu and Chinese are the strongest civs. (not depending on luck and starting points so much. You can play them agressiv or defensive and doing good both ways whith them)

Egypt can be superstrong whith alot of luck. Under the right sircumstances you can tech extremly fast whith them. I got an Economical win in year 150 AD on Deity whith Egypt in an GOTW.

Japanese I would say like number 5 or 6 civ. You can compare them with Spanish but the Spanish are much better.. Getting acces to whale from the start is equal to Japanese +1 food from water. But here you can build galleons right away, double exploration cash and +50% goldproduction in industrial. Starting whith the tech Navigation is superstrong if you wan't to play a civ that you don't wan't to rush whith.

*cheers*

I read in another thread on civrevforum that what Cid Meyer wan'ted when he made this game was.. He wan'ted the player to feel that..

"No matter what civ I choose, my bonuses and advantages are so strong so there is no chanse of me to loose"...

Whith that said I would say Zulu and Chinese are the strongest civs. (not depending on luck and starting points so much. You can play them agressiv or defensive and doing good both ways whith them)

Egypt can be superstrong whith alot of luck. Under the right sircumstances you can tech extremly fast whith them. I got an Economical win in year 150 AD on Deity whith Egypt in an GOTW.

Japanese I would say like number 5 or 6 civ. You can compare them with Spanish but the Spanish are much better.. Getting acces to whale from the start is equal to Japanese +1 food from water. But here you can build galleons right away, double exploration cash and +50% goldproduction in industrial. Starting whith the tech Navigation is superstrong if you wan't to play a civ that you don't wan't to rush whith.

*cheers*

I would say before japanese there are (randomly..):

Americans
Chinese
Romans
Zulu
Arabs
Aztecs
Spanish
Germans (I tried them)

And maybe I'm missing others.

No, I think your list is good Morte. I'd probably add in England (Uber-archers and you start in Monarchy) and Egypt before Japan.

Yes, maybe. I tried japan but should say that it's all about luck to defend against good rushers..

I would say before japanese there are (randomly..):

Americans
Chinese
Romans
Zulu
Arabs
Aztecs
Spanish
Germans (I tried them)

And maybe I'm missing others.

Yea Morte your list looks good. But I do think Egypt got their place in this list to. Also it depends if playing MP or SP. I would defently say that Japan is better then German in SP. This because the AI never rush you.

Yea Morte your list looks good. But I do think Egypt got their place in this list to. Also it depends if playing MP or SP. I would defently say that Japan is better then German in SP. This because the AI never rush you.

I mean every time MP. Deity is like chieftain if you play MP against good players. I used germans and prefer them then japanese.

Top Bottom