• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

is there an Era stopper for Warlords?

LeGrandMogol

Chieftain
Somebody made an era stopper for Regular Civ4 and I was just wondering if there was one yet for Warlords. I rarely play Civ without it...I hate global warming.

Im also looking for and Era Stopper for Warlords. I have one for the original game but it doesnt work for Warlords. So if anyone knows how to make one please please please post one here ... thank you :crazyeye:

In : Assets/XML/technologies/techinfos you can see all the technologies available, and in each one there is an option to disable. change 0 to 1 .

Then all you have to do is find the techs that you want to disable and disable them. it will take 15 minutes or so, but it is great because you can tailor the game to how you like it.

You would make a copy of the assets folder so that you could easily put this back if oyu wanted to play standard techs

mice said:
In : Assets/XML/technologies/techinfos you can see all the technologies available, and in each one there is an option to disable. change 0 to 1 .

Then all you have to do is find the techs that you want to disable and disable them. it will take 15 minutes or so, but it is great because you can tailor the game to how you like it.

You would make a copy of the assets folder so that you could easily put this back if oyu wanted to play standard techs

Don't edit anything in your Assets folder. Use CustomAssets or create a new directory for your mod within "MODS".

some of us are not so technically inclined. I have no clue how to wrok with let alone get to XML. In fact it took me forever just to figure out how to get the MODs to work. I'm one of the many people that visit this website who are reliant on other people to figure it out and yes this does make me a mooch of sorts...but I'm also afraid I'll break something if I play with things like XML...anyway, now that I've revealed myself as a mooch and an idiot I'll stop talking. :confused:

LeGrandMogol said:
some of us are not so technically inclined. I have no clue how to wrok with let alone get to XML. In fact it took me forever just to figure out how to get the MODs to work. I'm one of the many people that visit this website who are reliant on other people to figure it out and yes this does make me a mooch of sorts...but I'm also afraid I'll break something if I play with things like XML...anyway, now that I've revealed myself as a mooch and an idiot I'll stop talking. :confused:

XML is easy just open the XML files with notepad or download an XML program like notepad++. If you use the find option to find the option to disable the techs it would only take a few minuntes.

Okay here is an example of how to disabel a tech for the XML challenged:

Spoiler :
<TechInfo>
<Type>TECH_MYSTICISM</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_TECH_MYSTICISM</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_TECH_MYSTICISM_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Help/>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_TECH_MYSTICISM_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Advisor>ADVISOR_RELIGION</Advisor>
<iAIWeight>0</iAIWeight>
<iAITradeModifier>0</iAITradeModifier>
<iCost>50</iCost>
<Era>ERA_ANCIENT</Era>
<FirstFreeUnitClass>NONE</FirstFreeUnitClass>
<iFeatureProductionModifier>0</iFeatureProductionModifier>
<iWorkerSpeedModifier>0</iWorkerSpeedModifier>
<iTradeRoutes>0</iTradeRoutes>
<iHealth>0</iHealth>
<iHappiness>0</iHappiness>
<iFirstFreeTechs>0</iFirstFreeTechs>
<iAsset>8</iAsset>
<iPower>0</iPower>
<bRepeat>0</bRepeat>
<bTrade>1</bTrade>
<bDisable>0</bDisable>
<bGoodyTech>1</bGoodyTech>
<bExtraWaterSeeFrom>0</bExtraWaterSeeFrom>
<bMapCentering>0</bMapCentering>
<bMapVisible>0</bMapVisible>
<bMapTrading>0</bMapTrading>
<bTechTrading>0</bTechTrading>
<bGoldTrading>0</bGoldTrading>
<bOpenBordersTrading>0</bOpenBordersTrading>
<bDefensivePactTrading>0</bDefensivePactTrading>
<bPermanentAllianceTrading>0</bPermanentAllianceTrading>
<bVassalTrading>0</bVassalTrading>
<bBridgeBuilding>0</bBridgeBuilding>
<bIrrigation>0</bIrrigation>
<bIgnoreIrrigation>0</bIgnoreIrrigation>
<bWaterWork>0</bWaterWork>
<iGridX>1</iGridX>
<iGridY>11</iGridY>
<DomainExtraMoves/>
<CommerceFlexible/>
<TerrainTrades/>
<Flavors>
<Flavor>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_RELIGION</FlavorType>
<iFlavor>9</iFlavor>
</Flavor>
<Flavor>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_GOLD</FlavorType>
<iFlavor>1</iFlavor>
</Flavor>
<Flavor>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_CULTURE</FlavorType>
<iFlavor>8</iFlavor>
</Flavor>
<Flavor>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_GROWTH</FlavorType>
<iFlavor>2</iFlavor>
</Flavor>
</Flavors>
<OrPreReqs/>
<AndPreReqs/>
<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_MYSTICISM_QUOTE</Quote>
<Sound>AS2D_TECH_MYSTICISM</Sound>
<SoundMP>AS2D_TECH_MP_MYSTICISM</SoundMP>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Mysticism.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,4,11</Button>
</TechInfo>

Find the tag <bDisable>0</bDisable> and change the 0 to 1.
Repeat as necesary and you will be good to go! :goodjob:

If you are editing this for a mod make sure you make a backup for example change CIV4TechInfos.xml
to CIV4TechInfos.xml.bak, it is as easy as that.

Since I have tried all the mods available and none have altered the era progression, I might try this... Only question is, is there another way to alter the xml for just a particular game? as opposed to the entire expansion? Or can I use this method to make my own mod? For years, I have always wanted to play in the renaissance era only, but always eventually end up in the future eras.

Top Bottom