Is there any way to prevent culture flipping?

Originally posted by Zachriel

The formula I stated is for the current patch.

In any case, how many overlapped tiles were there? I am assuming that this was a recently conquered city as you had a fairly large army stationed there (36 units). If the city was in resistance, then you would need a much larger army. Lacking sufficient garrision, you would be better off stationing your troops outside the city in question.

The city was no longer in resistance, it was after the third turn of having the city and just finished rushing the temple with my hard earned cash. Close the their other major cities but about 10 squares from the capitol.

Originally posted by Hades

The city was no longer in resistance, it was after the third turn of having the city and just finished rushing the temple with my hard earned cash. Close the their other major cities but about 10 squares from the capitol.

Bad luck, Hades. Still, it sounds like there was a lot of overlap. Assuming you were using the current patch: With 36 units you can suppress 18 foreigners. Counting 13 in the city, that means if you had more than five overlapping tiles -- which was very likely so deep in enemy territory -- then you had an insufficient garrison. Still, the chance of a flip should have been very small. Bad luck, Hades.

Thank you for your condolences

I'm not sure this is valid but if I am try ing to get a city to flip to me I figure that my border must extend onto the opposing city square, provided that city has no cultural expansion. Just had Hamburg flip to me one turn before invading, spoiled my fun as it was sitting on the iron I needed.

Top Bottom