Is Vox Populi still compatible with JFD's Rise to Power?

Hmm, I think JFDLC depends on Cultural Diversity as well as CP. Not sure, which mod says it blocks it... Also, on the previous page there is a list of mods I've tried and it works. I've added few other ones to that list since and it works even better. The one I am most happy with is: Steampunk Era and Cybernetic Dawn (v 12).

Also, I've disabled CBO for now since it was removing quite a bit of functionality from JFDLC. JFDLC works with the rest of VP mods.

Just checked, the amount of mods it literally blocks is - 6?!
More specifically:
8) Events and Decisions (CBO)
(7) Events and Decisions (CBP)
Trading Posts Turn into Towns
More Pantheons
Global - Enable Magellan
Galley for Civs
+ Some UI enhancement mods

The rest of blocked ones are incorporated in to JFDLC already. JFDLC has the same functionality as first 4, that's why they are blocked.

Not sure what's the deal with Galleys... :D

Yeah events & decisions and trading posts into towns I use that's why I didn't bother because I want them :(

Yeah events & decisions and trading posts into towns I use that's why I didn't bother because I want them :(
JFDLC uses Sukritact's E&D mod, which does pretty much the same thing as E&D.
There was some info of why Trading posts to towns is incompatible, but I can't find it now.

Update: found this in Rise to Power branch of this forum:
Otherwise iirc Trading Posts Grow into Towns is blocked because JFDDLC already has this functionality as part of Development.

Last edited:
No renaming, but you need non-EUI version of VP. Then of course it also depends on what other mods you have.

Hmm, right now I'm running non-EUI VP 5-20-3, Cultural Diversity (v16), and Rise to Power (v55) with your fixes applied. It fixed the Top Panel not updating, but development is still bugged at -563,706,622.5 from buildings.

Any ideas on this? Any logs I should capture? Any way I can help?

Tomorrow I'll try to emulate your exact mod list to see if there's something in one of the mods that fixes it.

Thanks for your time!

Ah, I see. I remember it to be the case, but need to remember what did I do to fix it. I have removed quite a bit from CBO, but I don't think anything City Dev related. No old mods interacting from the cache and such? I think last time I saw it, the Iska's wars mod was changing the city view... I will check in the evening.

One thing to try actually - disable 43 Civ mod if you have it loaded. It has changes to CityView.

P.S. I've changed a list of the mods since earlier in this thread... Will post it as well later. Most notably, removed Emigration as it throws some RunTime errors and added SteamPunk and Superintelligence. Last two look very promising and tech tree is completely sane, with no missing items.

Last edited:
It fixed the Top Panel not updating, but development is still bugged at -563,706,622.5 from buildings.
I've checked. You are right, I have the same thing with development. Will debug, also I wanted to fix the issue with the modpack creation. Since currently it is not possible to create it reliably. What happens - all buildings are not loaded, neither in tech tree, nor in building queue. It is related to CityDevelopment as well, more precisely, to the fact that buildings in the modpack do not get assigned to districts. Seems to be loading order issue.

Played it for about one hundred turns, and so far it's been pretty solid (granted it was Epic speed so not much progress was made). Such a great combination of mods. Looking forward to that other list you compiled.

Played it for about one hundred turns, and so far it's been pretty solid (granted it was Epic speed so not much progress was made). Such a great combination of mods. Looking forward to that other list you compiled.
Thanks. That new list is not fully debugged yet though. Playable none the less with some issues.

Here it is:
Spoiler :

(1) Community Patch (v 88)
(2) Community Balance Overhaul (v 13)
(3) City-State Diplomacy Mod for CBP (v 27)
(4) C4DF - CBP (v 11)
(5) More Luxuries - CBO Edition (5-14b) (v 1
(BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements
(Z) Change VP Options (v 1)
Buildings - Upgrade System (v 12)
Caravans Build Roads (v 1)
Cistern and Marina - New Buildings (v 2)
City States Evolved (v 3)
Civilization Selection Bonus Tooltips (v 3)
Community Patch Mod Compatibility (v 14)
Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi (v 1)
Ethnic Diversity Unit Pack (v 29)
Ethnic Diversity Unit Pack for Mods (v 29)
Extra Victory Conditions (v 1)
Fortress Borders - Outposts (v 6)
Global - Civilians Move After Purchase (v 2)
Global - UP (v 1)
Global Relations (v 7)
Global Warming (v 7)
Great Spy (Brave New World) (v 17)
Hex Conquer and Release (v 3)
Industrial Building Pack (v 2)
JFDLC (07) - JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core)
JFDLC (8) - JFD's Rise to Power (v 55)
Leadership Reformation (v 4)
More Unique Components for VP (v 28)
National Parks (v 1)
National Wonder Collection (v 3)
Neolithic Wonders (v 1)
Ocean Cities (v 2)
PerfectWorld3 - Updated (v 5)
Promotion Overhaul for VP (v 2)
Promotions - Expansion Pack (v 9)
Quick Turns (v 10)
Reforestation (v 9)
Steampunk Era and Cybernetic Dawn (v 12)
Strategic Buildings Pack (v 2)
Sukritact's Edifice Pack (v 1)
Sukritact's Edifices (v 1)
Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)
Sukritact's Suzerainty (v 1)
Superintelligence (BNW) (v 2)
UI - Small Resource Icons (v 4)
Wonder Race (v 7)
It is likely to need some of my changes to work. I.e. I've changed dependencies, Superintelligence has to load after Steampunk. But not only them, notifications as well and some other bits.

Attached is my version of CBO. It has more changes than required to fix the Buildings development issue, but most of them are needed for JFDLC to work properly... I haven't tested it much with the buildings folder removed. It starts OK though and city dev is corrected... There should be a way to fix the SQL files, rather than removing folder, but it requires more time than I had...

Attachments

• (2) Community Balance Overhaul (v 13).7z
    7.1 MB · Views: 361
Last edited:
JFDLC is really only compatibility with just CP. When they were separate mods, there was some compatibility with CBO.

P.S. I noticed someone posted about city states' turns. There is a mod included in JFDLC that deals with that.

Welp. I crashed when upgrading one of my units. I also couldn't invest in a wonder I was constructing. Albeit' I decided to not use some of the mods listed; most noticeably the steampunk one.

P.S. I noticed someone posted about city states' turns. There is a mod included in JFDLC that deals with that.
You mean Sukritacts Suzerainty?

I crashed when upgrading one of my units.
Yeah, was it a spearman? There is a duplicate entry for spearman upgrades for some reason... Still looking for the fix.

I also couldn't invest in a wonder I was constructing.
Which one was it?

I'm trying steampunk since I love the theme... Also, I don't like very much science and space victory in this game and find building space ship tedious.
But yes, remains to be seen, how many bugs steampunk era has. BTW, it has EE merged, which seems to be quite important era for many people on this forum :D

Last edited:
It was a Spearman as you pointed out (you wizard). I was trying to invest in the Petra. Gotta' play my games on quick speed at least once before diving in with 'Epic'. Makes for better and faster testing experience haha.

Edit: I'd try that Steampunk mod if it weren't for the extra leaders it added. Albeit' perhaps I can tweak something within the mod to make em' disappear. I'll have to look.

Edit: I'd try that Steampunk mod if it weren't for the extra leaders it added.
Yes, I've removed them. I think it is done by removing Civilizations folder, but I might be wrong. Will post my version of that mod, when at home.
BTW, y-day, noticed that it once again breaks city development or was it SI, don't remember now.

Attachments

• Steampunk Era and Cybernetic Dawn (v 12).7z
    15.5 MB · Views: 322
Last edited:
The bug with unit upgrades comes from CBO, not from Steampunk or any other eras. I've kind of created a quick hack, so that the upgrade, which crashes the game actually is disabled. But it needs more thorough review of the code as it is not completely gone :).

Attachments

• MeleeUnits.7z
    2.2 KB · Views: 276
Here is what JFD exactly said about this in the post that was the announcement of the release of JFDLC:
A special note of caution, however, JFDLC is not intended to be used with the Community Balance Patch. It can be, but the experience will be much different, and some features may not work correctly – some are outright disabled. Support for JFDLC + CBO will slow down as JFDLC is developed further – JFDLC takes long enough without trying to be compatible with another overhaul, and it has finally reached a point where full support for JFDLC + CBO is too cumbersome. Importantly, JFDLC must be installed manually if you use CBO and not via the provided Installer.
So basically I would just use what is in the JFDLC installer.

So basically I would just use what is in the JFDLC installer.
Thanks for this. The reason I've added CBO in to my install is because I want some features from it, i.e. Happiness, Pathfinder as a starting unit and new Policies (except for Piety, which makes sense to load from JFDLC)... I've already removed, what I didn't need, i.e. Tech Tree, Buildings, Piety changes.

P.S. This morning, managed to break SuperIntelligence load somehow. It still loads, but icons disappeared from the tech tree. Possibly caching issue. Too many experiments. :)

Reverted to the previous version and it seems to be OK now, but I don't remember, what the changes were. So, if I want to actually do anything more with it, perhaps it would be a good idea to put all of this under version control, otherwise, I start loosing track of what is happening... :)

BTW, Investing in Petra (and building it) worked for me. But the game crashed later I think it didn't find amber or something related to amber. Extra Luxuries might've been loaded incorrectly.

Wishful thinking, when I have time, may be never... :D :

0. Fix the setup above, it has bugs as pointed earlier in this thread... It would be good to actually build MP from it. Currently even CP + Cultural Diversity + JFDLC is building, but then there are no buildings loaded...

1. to implement one more Victory condition, i.e. Happiness, which would trigger when 80% of population of the world and 80% of your and your allies population is happy.

2. add Future Worlds to the current setup. Add 3 new Ideologies to be available in the Future era only. And tie units, buildings and a specific victory condition (i.e. completion of Special Superproject) to those ideologies. Take units, buildings and ideology ideas from Alpha Centauri civs mod.

The idea is that whichever faction, which follows Alpha Centauri ideology wins, it stays on Earth, the rest will have to go to space to find another planet. :)

P.S.S. Future Worlds seems to be quite incompatible with Steampunk era. But the tech tree viewer merges them more or less OK, so it might be not that much work to bring them together.

Last edited:
Hey Auramagma, I was wondering if you found a solution to merging Future Worlds with the Steampunk Era. Thanks!

Now I am not sure is this mod combination you posted working without problems trough the mods in game and there is only problem when creating modpack or it doesnt work flawlessly?

Top Bottom