It is very unclear to new users how to disable email notifications

JamesNinelives

Emperor
It is necessary to untick any selected 'and recieve email notification' boxes under the 'preferences' tab in order to do so. I only figured this out through trail and error.

When you recieve an email from this site, the link at the bottom of the page which says 'If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.' implies that following that latter link will do so.

However, it does not. It directs me to a page that asks me if I want to 'Are you sure you want to update your email notification settings for all watched items?'.

For someone not familiar with this site, that looks a lot like 'disable all emails'. It's not though. And every time I followed the instructions given, there was a only brief pause before emails started to fill my inbox again.

I know what to do now, but I can't help but feel frustrated at the misleading instructions. If emails are sent to my account from this website, it should made clear how to prevent it from happening. A link that says 'Disable all emails' should either do exactly that, or explain in an unambiguous language how to do so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom