[NFP] January Update Video Discussion

Thanks! I went ahead and published the video, and I will include their names in the descriptions. Civ Reddit isn't nearly as thorough, so I really appreciate it! Ciao
You're welcome. :D

You got me there. There's no such thing as "Macedon". Ask any Greek and they'll tell you that Macedonia is Greece. :mischief:

I love the new Preserve district, but I am concerned about the opportunity cost it presents if it is an early game district. Would I really want to use one of my few early district spots for the preserve when the spot could go to a more victory-centric district, like a Holy Site or Campus? Decisions, decisions...

The more I think about it do you think maybe the Preserve and the Sanctuary should be switched, as in the names?

I think the name Sanctuary would fit well for an Ancient Era district, while the name Preserve would fit in the Modern Era under the Conservation civic. Or is it just me?

The new corporations mechanic hails back to one of my favs in Civ4. I do wish there was a way to combine industry resources, say, like rice and fish, to create the sushi corp again, and by extension, create a sushi monopoly.:king: :)

The new corporations mechanic hails back to one of my favs in Civ4. I do wish there was a way to combine industry resources, say, like rice and fish, to create the sushi corp again, and by extension, create a sushi monopoly.:king: :)
We'll just assume that the corporations create the raw materials.

I love the new Preserve district, but I am concerned about the opportunity cost it presents if it is an early game district. Would I really want to use one of my few early district spots for the preserve when the spot could go to a more victory-centric district, like a Holy Site or Campus? Decisions, decisions...

In the preview it looked like it was a green district in the menu, ala aqueduct/dam/canal and may not take up a slot.

The more I think about it do you think maybe the Preserve and the Sanctuary should be switched, as in the names?

I think the name Sanctuary would fit well for an Ancient Era district, while the name Preserve would fit in the Modern Era under the Conservation civic. Or is it just me?

A quick check of Wikipedia says nature reserves, or something like them, have a been thing since 300 BC, whereas animal sanctuaries are a lot more recent, so maybe the names are correct after all.

A quick check of Wikipedia says nature reserves, or something like them, have a been thing since 300 BC, whereas animal sanctuaries are a lot more recent, so maybe the names are correct after all.

Sanctuary originally means "sacred place", and I think there is a reason why this district is unlocked by the Mysticism civic and its first building would offer Faith to adjacent tiles.

I don't see it as specifically just an animal sanctuary though, especially considering by the looks of it in game. Instead it seems to be based off of a shinto shrine which just so happened to be found in nature.
But maybe that's why they named it the way they did.

I cannot tell if sarcastic or not? Adding Macedon just for the purpose of having Alexander is a bad thing, no?

This is the only NFP pack that I think I will enjoy everything included!

Vietnam? Yes! (what we know about abilities and UU / uB seem really cool)
Kublai Kahn? Yes! An alternate leader for both my favorite civ (China) & my favorite opponent (Mongolia)
new districts? Yes, finally! Appeal is a fun mini-game!
Corporations? Yes, finally! A mode I will almost certainly play (none of the other have interested me)

Yeah, this one pack alone is worth the $40 price tag (to me!) Thanks firaxis!

This is the only NFP pack that I think I will enjoy everything included!

Vietnam? Yes! (what we know about abilities and UU / uB seem really cool)
Kublai Kahn? Yes! An alternate leader for both my favorite civ (China) & my favorite opponent (Mongolia)
new districts? Yes, finally! Appeal is a fun mini-game!
Corporations? Yes, finally! A mode I will almost certainly play (none of the other have interested me)

Yeah, this one pack alone is worth the $40 price tag (to me!) Thanks firaxis!
(Sorry for the off topic, but man... I love your profile picture!!)

Top Bottom