Japan's ex-leader Shinzo Abe assassinated while giving speech

How much of this can be attributed to Abe in reality?
Abenomics, named for the only true modern pro-stimulus world leader, in the country with the most debt vs GDP per capita? I imagine it moved the dial quite considerably. Instead of a hypothetical to be debated, we have a real life example to assuage anxieties and blunt superstitions.

But who knows.

I am inclined to think real life examples that combine with memes (Abenomics) anchor peoples emotions deeply, whether or not they credit that openly.

Abenomics, named for the only true modern pro-stimulus world leader, in the country with the most debt vs GDP per capita? I imagine it moved the dial quite considerably. Instead of a hypothetical to be debated, we have a real life example to assuage anxieties and blunt superstitions.

But who knows.

I am inclined to think real life examples that combine with memes (Abenomics) anchor peoples emotions deeply, whether or not they credit that openly.

Interesting point. Maybe you're right; I hope so I guess.

Seemed like things were going well and then coronavirus, so hard to make a good objective measure of how effective it was. Suga’s premiership was forgettable (which is probably good for Suga) and Kishida hasn’t really put forward anything radical. I liked Takaishi, who herself is from Nara.

Not three days ago I was poring over articles on Abe's role in cultivating the new Japanese fascism. Given his kingmaker status within the LDP, my first thoughts are how this affects Nippon Kaigi's control of the government.

I don't endorse the killing, but I won't pretend I'm sorry for him.

Wow, this is pretty dramatic. I'd not have thought that this could still happen in the modern world.

I'm only surprised it doesn't happen more. Plus japan has from in his.
So does Europe in fact. Remember hearing of that thing once called the Great War? Assassination of politicians was all the rage then. These were not different people, your grandfathers probably lived through it. Only different circumstances from what you were used.

We're returning to them. Fast. As usual over the past few decades, Japan is ahead.

Google shinzo abe comfort women before telling me the dude was a decent human being, he was an apologist for some of the worst japenese war crimes committed before and during ww2
Yeah his refusal to apologize to comfort women is my main reason why I won't say RIP to him.

What a horrible dystopian nightmare it must be there now
Press freedom ranking fell from 22nd in 2012 to 71st this year. The so-called conspiracy bill grants sweeping powers of arrest, complementing the equally-overreaching secrecy bill. Abe's cabinet endorsed the Imperial Rescript as instruction for children as young as kindergarten. Abenomics succeeded in bulldozing environmental resilience while deepening wealth inequality. The LDP honed the mobilization strategy of far-right populism such that Bannon himself praised Abe as "Trump before Trump", while prominent LDP ministers have openly lauded Nazi tactics in subverting a democratic constitution. His inner circle was chock full of Nippon Kaigi members, including Tarō "Hitler got results" Asō and Tomomi "Nanjing didn't happen" Inada. Abe's own denialism is on the public record.

But hey, at least the Shinkansen runs on time..?

Press freedom ranking fell from 22nd in 2012 to 71st this year. The so-called conspiracy bill grants sweeping powers of arrest, complementing the equally-overreaching secrecy bill. Abe's cabinet endorsed the Imperial Rescript as instruction for children as young as kindergarten. Abenomics succeeded in bulldozing environmental resilience while deepening wealth inequality. The LDP honed the mobilization strategy of far-right populism such that Bannon himself praised Abe as "Trump before Trump", while prominent LDP ministers have openly lauded Nazi tactics in subverting a democratic constitution. His inner circle was chock full of Nippon Kaigi members, including Tarō "Hitler got results" Asō and Tomomi "Nanjing didn't happen" Inada. Abe's own denialism is on the public record.

Cripes! I didn't have an opinion on the guy before but now!

Cripes! I didn't have an opinion on the guy before but now!
The universal praise in world leaders' eulogies is expected of the circumstances, but it underscores how little they actually know/care about his record in office, and/or have a vested interest in Japan's hawks as a vanguard against China.

Too much to go over other than this is a free/safe country, Steve Bannon is a fat idiot, and Japanese people facepalm when Aso opens his mouth which he’s already famous for here.

I read the economic links. They are bad articles masquerading as good ones..

Top Bottom