Jedi as a religion/culture

bt_oz

Chieftain
Greetings all, i just got another incredible passing thoughts apon reading some threads tonite,
"JEDI" as a religion/culture or even "WITCHCRAFT", i hope that we will be able to make our own mod to civ 4 religions, to add them into a table of religions available.

cheers
bt

Do us a favour. Dont let any more of your incredible ideas pass. And in case they do, just make sure that they don't reach us.

Moderator Action: Either learn to respect other people's ideas or don't post in threads you don't like. Warned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

PLEASE NO MORE ABOUT RELIGIONS.... theres just names...who cares ..a jedi or witchcraft would be no different in the game....plus jedi is the stupidest excuse for a religion...its from a movie for petes sake.

sorry for snapping..its just getting old :blush:

Well mod them in if you like, but people here prefer accurate history and will rip you to pieces (if it's a joke put in a ;) so we all know)

I heard during the British tax thingy a couple of years back, if 400,000 people put their religion as Jedi, it would have to be regconised as a world religion.

You mean the national Census.

I believe there was a decision to ignore 'Jedi' in the official results, and it was less than 400k, more like 10,000. I bet there were a lot more than that...

brennan said:
You mean the national Census.

I believe there was a decision to ignore 'Jedi' in the official results, and it was less than 400k, more like 10,000. I bet there were a lot more than that...

Actually, 390,000 people put their religion as Jedi which equates to 0.7% of the population. It is still is not an official religion, as everyone knew it was a joke.

As for the whole Jedi religion thing, I'm thinking no.

Jedi... religion... :lol: :crazyeye: :lol:

Last time I heard this was 3 years ago from people in England. :crazyeye: :goodjob:

im amazed that anyone can put off jedi(ism?) because it is not an "official religion". i mean how is any other religion more valid? if christianity, Islam, Buddism, etc. wasn't so established, jedi would be perfectly valid and worthy of following.

I think modding is going to be one of greatest thing about Civ.4, I expect to see mods of all sorts for download, and yes even Star Wars Mods because if you read though the modability of Civ.4, it sound like if you know what your doing you can make any kind of game you want even ones only loosely based on the main game. So I say have at it!!

general_kill said:
if christianity, Islam, Buddism, etc. wasn't so established, jedi would be perfectly valid and worthy of following.

The point is that they are established, whereas jedi is not. You're welcome to mod whatever you want, but as far as being shipped with the game, then sorry. I would be interested to see how jedi-ism would fit into the game, though (perhaps even allowing the construction of a jedi instead of a missionary?)

this reply is for one person only "The_Architect", "listen mate, the idea of the forums is to post ideas, sometimes others might like the sound of one idea others maynote, to each his own, , so don't go carrying on about if post an idea or not, jedi as religion was just and idea for myself and myself alone not for you personally alright mate, do you understand english, and don't tell me i can't post on the forum either and ideas i might have about civ4 .

You know, with the moddability of this game.....it will probably be possible to give certain attributes or bonuses or whatever to certain religions, making this idea quite possibly a reasonable and feasible idea for a personal or public mod. So why not? :)

Hey Jedi wouldn't be in my game just like its not my religion. But I sure was tempted to put it down as my religion on our last census to see if it could happen here. The Jedi religion reminds a little of Aiki as in Aikido but I'm not George Lucas.

It lacks a little in credibility with the general population because it was a movie, but hey there are Scientologists as well (Science Fiction writer founds a religion need I say more.)

Mod it into your games by all means, its a good idea, but I don't think I'd be at ease playing a game of Civ against a Yoda leaderhead.

bt oz:

Don't let others get to you, I said months ago that my first mod would be to make the Sith for both a civ and a religon.

Welcome to Fanatics, sorry it wasn't a warm reception.

If you want to play Jedi as a religion, are you using all the Star Wars stuff from the mods forums?

BTW when I said it was only about 10,000 people I meant that was the threshold to be recognised as a religion, not the number of 'Jedi' that voted...

Jedi or Syth can be just units in a star wars mod! Nothing more!

Back
Top Bottom