1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Just Plain Stuck

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by WeirdoJoker, Jul 16, 2019.

1. tjs282

tjs282 Stone \ Cold / Fish

You don't need CAII, you can open it using Civ3 just as if it was one of your own saves!

If you've already DL'd it, all you need to do is move it from wherever you (or Win10!) put it, into your ...CivilizationIII/Conquests/Saves/ folder, start up Civ as normal, and Load Game. If you want to be sure not to over-write one of your own save-files from this same Mongol game, just rename my save-file (e.g. 'TJs Mongol win.sav') before you move it.

(If you didn't DL it yet, please feel free to do so: anything uploaded here at CFC is by definition freely available to DL, and the file is virus-free, to the best of my knowledge.)

WeirdoJoker likes this.
  2. WeirdoJoker

WeirdoJoker Prince

I opened the file today and looked briefly - and it looks like you're playing a different version or something. I found a couple things in the preferences I hadn't previously used, but how do you get the name of the civ in parentheses next to each city name ... no idea where that comes from.

3. tjs282

tjs282 Stone \ Cold / Fish

IIRC, that's the 'Color-blind help' option, also in the Preferences menu. Since (AFAIK) I'm not actually colour-blind, I honestly can't now remember why I switched it on -- but suspect it might have been while I was playing CCM (which allows a max. 31 Civs + Barbarians to start a game). With 30 rivals, randomly placed (I always have 'Culture-linked starts' switched off at game setup), it sometimes gets difficult to distinguish between some of the (very) similar pairs of Civ-colours within the available 32(?) that Firaxis made available for use in the game (and hence mods).

4. WeirdoJoker

WeirdoJoker Prince

Just tried the color-blind help option, and that's the one. I always thought everyone was playing some advanced version, but now it makes sense. Thanks!

5. Theov

Theov Deity

Color blind help is great.
    You can also change all civs to have their own color (no secondary colors).
    Works great.