Just thought I should say - Goodbye.

Ision

Master
I didn’t think it would be respectful just to simply disappear from this forum without at least saying goodbye. I have always posted on the Strategy and Tips forum – so I might as well put this post here as well. All good things must come to end – and with that, so ends my participation on these forums and with CIV 3. As time has gone by I have become increasingly disinterested in the game and have moved steadily towards other activities for my hobby time.

I am an old guy compared to most of the forum members here, and trace my war-gaming history to the heyday of the Avalon Hill board game simulations. Whenever I take on a hobby, I take it on with full intensity – that intensity is now gone, and it is time for me to move on. I just finished working as a contributor for L2 Design Groups redesign of AHs ‘The Russian Campaign’ – (yes, my real name appears on the credits!). I have been asked to participate in another such endeavor for 2 other games and have agreed to do so.

My hobby time is limited, so its one or the other. I would like to thank the forum members for making my Civ 3 experience so enjoyable. I hope that my articles were of some help to many of you and that I did not bore you too much!

Thanks guys – especially, Zardnaar & Scoutsout – my forum friends, Arathorn –my debate nemesis, Alexman – my game mechanics teacher, and Aeson and Sir Pleb – I learned much by analyzing your games and comments.

Who knows – maybe Ision will be back for Civ 4? Ya never know!

Sincerely,

Ision (George)

PS: I will PM Thunderfall and ask him to place my Civ Reviews sticky under 'Scoutsout' ID, so he can run it as he wishes. Hey Scout, you still owe me a Viking review!

Goodbye... Your legacy will always remain. :D

BTW, you know that "scoutsout" isn't capitalized, right? ;)

if i ever go back to board games i just might try that russian campaign again. it was one of the better games as far as game flow but it had some problems too which im sure you have worked to overcome. i too started gaming before computer games existed and some of them were pretty fun.

Thanks Ision, we'll miss you. I'm an old boardgamer, too -- all the way back to TacticsII, Stalingrad, and Waterloo -- complete with the cavalry exploit.
I understand your diminishing returns with Civilization as I've been suffering the same. Maybe Civ IV will change that.
Your insights into the game have been much appreciated. Good luck in your new endeavors

You'll be missed, Ision. I have only been around here for six months, but my mind had quickly established a permanent connexion between "Ision" and "good advice".

:salute: Good work, Ision. You will be missed here.

This should be in the official arriving/departing thread in OT, but I shall leave this open for now.

bye bye monkey pie :cry:

(something my lil borther used to say when he was little)

So Long,
You have made my Civ experience very enjoyable.. ah yes, the days of boardgames, I'll have to dig out my original version of Squadleader and play with it!!

Good luck Ison, your reviews rock, may the best of your past be there worst of your future.

bye Ision....

i've always read your civ reviews and thought that they're great...
hope you'll come back for civ4...
:)

Thanks for all your help! I only just discovered this board a few weeks ago, but your posts have been some of the most informative. Really showed me that even though I've been playing Civ since 1992, I still have a few tricks to learn.

I read most of your articles and think they are the key to keep me playing. I do not have much time for trial and error as only get few hours a week to play, so I based my game in my CIV I / SMAC experience + your reviews and completely worked. Have played only 4 games in the last 2-3 months but never lost, always advancing one level (currently in Monarch). I guess I am telling you this to encourage you to keep doing what you did in this forum.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the time you spent giving many of us a chance to really shine on this game. From an old Star fleet battles/kingmaker player, I understand the allure of real gaming. You will be missed...

Ision,

We can tell you are old because you are courtous enought to tell all you are dropping out of the forums.

Thank you for your comments and sharing. And yes the game does start to wear out after a bit. The fire has also disappeared for me. I don't hope C4 will bring back much.

Best wishes and good luck in your new adventures. There is definitely life beyond Civ.

PF

I registered for the express purpose of saying Thank You to Ision before he departed. I have been a lurker to these forums for the past 6 months. I bought civ 3 about 2 years ago, lost interest and stumbled on these forums and it was reading Isions posts that renewed my interests in this game and prompted me to go out and buy Conquests. I am slowly working my way back up from Regent games and I wouldnt be doing half as well without all the help I have received reading the posts from you and all the other excellent strategists on this forum. Thank you again. /bow

Ther's an old saying: Those who can, do, and those who can't, teach. Thankfully, these boards had a guy around like Ision, who could do both. Thanks for all your insight.

You had good reviews. Thanks for your contribution to this board.

bye Ision and your reviews helped me get to Monarch level. Good bye and so long.....

Top Bottom