• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Kazakhstan Embassy

We took a week sending ours, so I'd expect a little lag in the system. Which suits our delaying stance, really. Kaz might have noticed we have contact with MS though, so I'd expect to see a letter by friday at the latest...

:agree: delay is what we're after. So this is a good thing :thumbsup:

But I also expect a letter before too much longer.

Prospective letter to Kaz. Needs more discussion, because it offfers sailing, masonry and Monotheism (447) for (179+149) beakers and OB.

Nemaste, Kaleb,
The Ninjas salute the wise and mighty Kazakstani peoples.

We have discussed a path for us to walk down together, one that we feel may give great benefit to yourselves for little cost, and will help your new, fledgeling religion.

The Path of Noonlight
We agree to an Open Borders deal AND a trade of knowledge. Along with the benefit of Open Borders, we offer Sailing, Masonry and Monotheism, trading when each in turn is researched in exchange for Writing and Polytheism. We'll trade Sailing for Writing, then Masonry for Polytheism and if you order now we'll also send you Monotheism as a free gift. All technologies are individually hand crafted and come with a beautiful certificate of authenticity. Unfortunately this is a limited time offer.

We hope you find this deal greatly beneficial to youselves.
We easerly await you reply.

General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

Religion, useful
To the faithful and wise ones
Friendship beckons forth

I like both these letters the Krill has proposed... but I think we need to give a little more time for input.

Memphus - can we tarnish your speedy turn-around record just a little?
If we can hold the save for even 6-7 hours, we could get some more team input on this.

Don't want to rush into a mistake.

But from my PoV - I think this is a good letter to send.

@G_W yup. I have made our moves, but will not end turn until you give the green light!
(how is that for teamwork ... hint hint nudge nudge :D )

My only problem with this phase of the plan is this:

We offer Kaz 447 beakers for 328 and OB (we could drop the OB, but that isn't as big a deal), and ideally we want to use some of the "overflow" to buy CoL, but if we use MC for that, we'd overshoot by 269 beakers, which isn't quite enough to justify another tech in the exchange.

no but maybe that is enough to get KAz to bite, so we are out 269 :science: ... small price to pay to stay in the game techwise.

Monotheism for a mutually agreeable tech

:confused:
With mutually agreeable tech, do you mean either poly or writing?

Reckon that should be rephrased as downpayment for a future tech ie CoL? The way I intended it to be understood was that we would gift them mono when we researched it, and it could be downpayment for another tech trade. Yeah, it could be better qualified.

Well, if I don't understand it, Borat might not either :p

Looks good but why don't we just cut out the i.e. part and just tell them how we want it. We need to get these trades finalized before we finish sailing right so lets cut out as much discussion and delay as possable.

Yes, "We'll trade Sailing for Writing, then Masonry for Polytheism and if you order now we'll also send you Monotheism as a free gift. All technologies are individually hand crafted and come with a beautiful certificate of authenticity. Unfortunately this is a limited time offer so don't delay."

ohhh i like that alot! 1889 you in the running for a new office or something ;)

I like the idea, the only problem I think we have is how do we quantify "Don't delay"? Do send it with 1889s exact wording, or do we place a time limit on the deal (which, ideally, we don't do, because we really need the deal)?

Do we add an ETA for sailing (4 turns)?

jsut delete the words "don't delay" leave it as a time limited offer,

Top Bottom