Keeping it interesting...

Navystorm

Chieftain
I've been really enjoying civ 6, and its the first civ I've invested time in to get comfortable at deity level. I've now won deity games with most civs with standard type settings - and am wondering what I might do next...

What do you all do to keep things interesting/challenging?

Play a game without conquering a single city.
Try to get alliances with as many civs as possible.
Play a civ that doesn't get any bonus to the map/victory condition you want to go for.
Try to get as many wonders as possible.
Try to win before a certain turn.
Develop new (but maybe not optimal) strategies.
Use buildings/districts/units that you usually neglect.
and on and on and on... you may step down from deity difficulty for some of these.

I definitely want to look at improving my diplomacy and making alliances - everyone always seems to hate me - even when I play peaceful.

Don't try and min/max everything and win the same way each game. Not sure if this is what you do, but I find a lot of people that play Civ have one optimal strategy and end up going for it regardless of the Civ they play as. I like to try and 'roleplay' a Civ a little bit depending on the Civ.

You can also try to get the Eurekas/Inspirations that you always miss in normal games (for example having 2 caravels or 2 forts for me usually) and adjust your play style to that for some games.

YNAMP map. I always enjoyed TSL maps, and they are much better than the Firaxis TSL Earth. If your machine can handle it, you can put in every civ in the game on the larger maps, just be wary that turn times will get ridiculous in the later game

Top Bottom