RuleSet: Gathering Storm
Start Era: Ancient
Resources: Standard
World Age: New
Start Position: Balanced
Temperature: Hot
Rainfall: Arid
Sea Level: Standard

Also, at the bottom of the page, you can sign up for a newsletter now, with the implication that there might be some sort of news that Civ players might wish to be notified of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, at the bottom of the page, you can sign up for a newsletter now, with the implication that there might be some sort of news that Civ players might wish to be notified of.

Newsletter?

So 2004 😑

Also pretty unimaginative challenge/scenario (compared to Robot Revolution).

Strategy: settle coast and rush Persian cap.

Newsletter?

So 2004 😑

It's still very common for gaming companies to issue newsletters, although it's never the core of their marketing strategy. Usually, the contents are just rehashes of bits they've already put out on social media. The real value of it to the company is that it gives them your email address and quantifies interest in new products. To that end, companies sometimes incentivize you to sign up by offering freebies

OMG

NOTE: Civilization VI's ESRB interactive Elements have been changed and "in-game purchases” has been added.

The beggining of the end ? :rolleyes::cry:

Very disappointed that Tomyris isn’t holding the King of King’s titular head in the art :lol:

Yeah, online speed dual rush, curious to see what the fastest times on it are. But otherwise, feels less thematic than the last one.

The history on this one is actually pretty amazing. Cyrus tried to get Tomyris to agree to a political marriage to absorb her clans into his empire. She saw through and declined. He responded by attacking. But he did it by first leaving a camp unattended with large barrels of wine after hearing her people had no knowledge about wine, resulting in her troops (and son) getting sloshed, then Cyrus attacked and captured Tomyris’s son. Once her son was sober, he asked for freedom, which Cyrus granted, only for her son end his own life. Tomyris, enraged, counterattacked, killing Cyrus, beheading him, and dunked the head in blood decrying “drink your fill”.

Famous story that I think came up before, but might be enjoyed by those who haven’t heard it.

So yeah, uh, Happy Valentine’s and best of luck to those of you proposing today.

I having trouble to finish this on emperor, first i tried to strike directly capitol with bunch of archers but as capitol once i reach it already have wall defense, they got defeated fast. If i attack second , third or fourth city on north line, also got destroyed by either wall, or faster tech. Plus it seems it's not possible to keep capture cities, always losing it due loyalty, even with all loyalty attributes plus victor and amani.

This seems to go through the eras too quickly. By the time i've build horse archers the barbs already are met-at-arms and crossbows

History?

On an inland sea? 🙄
Well the entire story of Tomyris killing Cyrus is nonsense (so I’m not sure why the above poster thinks this is “amazing”), but I think Inland Sea is a very appropriate map for representing this myth.

Inland Sea for this challenge is probably a reference to the Caspian Sea or Aral Sea. And the map doesn’t wrap, so it gives the appropriate feeling of a contained geographic area.

Inland Sea for this challenge is probably a reference to the Caspian Sea or Aral Sea. And the map doesn’t wrap, so it gives the appropriate feeling of a contained geographic area.

You mean Black Sea?

An no Inland Sea is not really an approximation to that at all.

Anyway looking up the history of Scythians I found this -> All blue-eyed people can trace their ancestors to this surprising European coastal region
Maybe Scythians were partly responsible for the spread of blue eyes? 🤷‍♂️

You mean Black Sea?

An no Inland Sea is not really an approximation to that at all.

Anyway looking up the history of Scythians I found this -> All blue-eyed people can trace their ancestors to this surprising European coastal region
Maybe Scythians were partly responsible for the spread of blue eyes? 🤷‍♂️
No, I surely did not mean the Black Sea.

The Massagetae were not Pontic Scythians but Saka, and inhabited Central Asia. Tomyris is not from Crimea. Maybe you were misled by the bizarrely inappropriate city list that is used for Tomyris in Civ 6.

One version of the Tomyris-Cyrus myth is that Cyrus died along the Oxus River, which drained into the Aral Sea. So I'm not sure if the Inland Sea meant to represent that specifically, or meant to represent the general proximity of Persia with the Caspian Sea.

Either way, it's not the Black Sea.

Last edited:
The Massagetae were not Pontic Scythians but Saka, and inhabited Central Asia. Tomyris is not from the Crimea. Maybe you were misled by the bizarrely inappropriate city list that is used for Tomyris in Civ 6.

So Tomyris (like Alexander in previous Civs) has been misplaced as queen of the Sythians.

TIL Civ VI is historically inaccurate, again.

Still Inland Sea map isn't really representative of that region. Pasargadae is very much inland. Not on the coast.
Especially as that sea doesn't have Galapagos Islands 😆

Re: challenge: Has anyone walked their settler to Galapagos Islands to kinda forward settle Cyrus with any luck?
The challenge is super boring BTW

So Tomyris (like Alexander in previous Civs) has been misplaced as queen of the Sythians.
The Scythians were a broad group of people who lived on the Eurasian steppe from modern day Ukraine in the west, through Central Asia, and to around modern day Mongolia in the east. She was the Queen of a specific group of Scythians who live in the eastern central part of their territory, the Massagetae.

Last edited:
Re: challenge: Has anyone walked their settler to Galapagos Islands to kinda forward settle Cyrus with any luck?
The challenge is super boring BTW
I walked a settler and two warriors north of the inland sea until i got close Cyrus's capital. When i got there i captured an undefended settler and settled two cities real close to his capital.

Where are these badges we get for these challenges? I've never been able to find them.

Top Bottom