Keith's Balanced Earth Map

Okay! That SHOULD work. In the end I deleted a whole bunch of custom civs - mine kept crashing everytime i tried to load em. Could just be a fault with my build.

Might wait till mongols are released:p but try it. See how you like the rule change - modern sea units are beefed substantially. 30 movement points on average..its just ridiculous for a modern navy to take 20 years to sail down the fekin atlantic...anyhow. play and see. if it works ¬_¬
Also, gamespy still isnt working for me. claims my account is closed, and wont let me make a new one.....dont want to make a new email just for this :O - New download in first post.

Okay cancel that- download removed. After installing the new patch none of the new civs load, and my custom rulesets gone too. Until I can fix it, or figure it out, its not worth putting up!
Will put it back when it works again.

paste it into /Documents/My Games/Civilization 5/maps
- i think thats the right directory.

Too bad, i just read your last posts and i am unhappy your map doesn´t work ;(. It´s the best map for people who like to play English like me. Believe me, I tried several other maps and they aren´t that good for this ;( I hope you will fix it fast, if you have time, i would be glad.
Best wishes from here.

When work lets up a bit i'll sit down and go from scratch! might have to reinstall civ5 though, addon civs wont seem to load at all. Anyway, i'll try to get on with fixing it asap!

I'm working on it ;) with mongols, confederacy, brazil and australia. hopefully i can get it working..When I build the mod, and place it in the mods directory, the game detects it and happily installs it-when it comes time to load the scenario, the mod is not on the map list :S. Damn its strange.

Maybe you can ask Kruelgor or some other suppermodder, sry but i have no idea of these things:eek:

I truly hope you get the time to fix this. I think it is the best of all the maps to play. DLK

hi

are you making progress? i would really like to play your map again, dlk is right, it´s the best world map.

Progress is being made, the mod works again, and loads, but I need to make a few little changes - couple of map errors. Will upload this evening.

Done, and uploaded! It lives mwahhahha..
Although in order to get it to work, I have to manually copy the map from the mods directory, into civ 5's map directory. For some reason it doesn't load itself up normally. Your guess is as good as mine.

Anyway, install the mod as before, but copy the map over manually, if it doesnt work for you automatically.

Hope it works. ;)

I'm working on it ;) with mongols, confederacy, brazil and australia. hopefully i can get it working..When I build the mod, and place it in the mods directory, the game detects it and happily installs it-when it comes time to load the scenario, the mod is not on the map list :S. Damn its strange.

I´ve gotten this before with other map/mods. Strange indeed. Mod is installed via mod hub, but doesn´t show up in the installed mods, so can´t be activated... :(

Hope it works. ;)

I´ve gotten this before with other map/mods. Strange indeed. Mod is installed via mod hub, but doesn´t show up in the installed mods, so can´t be activated... :(

Hi Jeelen - does that refer to my map? Or a previous problem? If it refers to mine, I'll see if I can see what the problem is. Do me a favour and check the mod file - see if its extracted correctly?

:lol: No, I just meant I hope it works... haven´t had opportunity to try, because I´m in a Mongolia game on another map. ;)

Hi there, i am glad that you finished your work and looking forward to playing the map, but there is a little problem: As I download the file it is empty! And i can´t find your file over the game either. Am I dumb now or are you maybe having forgotten to put the mod into the file? :confused:

Sorry bout that Larhall - Don't know what the matter was, download wouldnt work for me either, reuploaded and it works now.

Nice! It works now, thank you very much:). Only thing is, that it doesn´t show the downloaded civilizations. There are only question marks, so i can´t choose confederates for example. But it doesn´t matter really, cause i play the English anyway:).
Again, thx a lot for the great work. As soon as i have time i will play the map:) :goodjob:

Top Bottom