Keith's Balanced Earth Map

Wow i tried a couple of turns on the map and it looks amazing. Thanks for all the hard work =) the only problem i can find so far is that the downloaded civs come out as question marks.

Yeah I'd noticed this too - I have no idea how to fix it :p I've rebuilt the mod a couple of times and it always seems to do this. A conclusion I've come to is that whilst the Modbuddy tool makes it look real nice n easy to build mods out of existing components, it seems to hide problems that you can't see to fix. Maybe I'm just whining. I've been away for the weekend, and I'll try to look at it this week sometime after work, I really want to fix that question mark thing, and there's some changes to the rules I want to make, like much much faster ships. It takes the average modern ship about 15 days to sail to Australia from England, at 25 knots, with good weather.
I know, it's a balance issue for random maps, but I think they are too slow even then.
There's a reason most modern superpowers are superpowers guarded by a navy, look at the British, and arguably, the Soviets with their vast fleet of Nuclear subs, and most definitely the Americans, with the most powerful navy to stalk the planet, bigger then the next three navies combined I believe.

So yeah, I feel the navy is vastly underpowered, especially for earth maps, and I want to fiddle with the rules, faster travel for combat vessels. I'd like to have "Light" and "Heavy" aircraft carriers, as arguably, every nation at the moment apart from the USA operates light carriers.

Top Bottom