[R&F] Korea AI

Tech Osen

Emperor
I haven't encountered Korea much as a random AI but the last game she was there and it was a bit odd. Was a continents game, two main land masses and she was on the other one. She had conquered Indonesia and had a big empire with two dozen cities or so. I overtook her in science but she was a close second.
When I eventually won a science victory she had researched everything as well. What got me wondering though is that she didn't build a single spaceport. Shouldn't Korea AI focus hard on a science victory?

Interesting that Korea conquered another Civ...never seen that before. Usually I see Korea being beaten by other AIs.

Seondeok's always #1 unless I kill her off or she gets a really bad spot. Normally they go for science but problem is the AI just absolutely sucks at winning.

In my current game on king, Korea had almost twice as much science output as me, but somehow researched a few less technologies. They conquered several city states but did not go to war with any other AI civ or me.

Me: Hey, Korea, I'm about to win, don't you wanna do something?
Korea: Meh...
Me: How about building a spy to sabotage me? :)
Korea: Don't... wanna... get... up. :sleep:
Me: Or how about building a spaceport to win the space race? :D
Korea: Head... spinning... drank too much beer yesterday.
Me: Aww. How about I make you a coffee?
Korea: Thanks... blarrgh... :cry:

Last edited:
My own experience with Korea has been more challenging. Always heavy on the science. Always a race to space. Often aggressive. And in one game, quite a formidable air force.

My own experience with Korea has been more challenging. Always heavy on the science. Always a race to space. Often aggressive. And in one game, quite a formidable air force.
What difficulty do you play on?

What difficulty do you play on?

Rarely higher than King, usually just on Prince because it is the most balanced start between human and AI.

I have beaten the game on Deity, but it was probably my least enjoyable game. (Yes, only one game on Deity)

Sometimes I feel like the AI has been coded not to win. I've had a few close-call games that seem to turn around too quickly. Of course it doesn't help that space race victories now are a matter or building the royal society building and just dumping charges into a spaceport. I really hope they make them go the extra mile at the end to keep things as interesting as possible.

AI Korea in my games - if I dont spawn next to them and take them out early - is always heavy on science and either going for dom VC or just aggressive because her army is so advanced compared to her AI neighbours.

In my current game on king, Korea had almost twice as much science output as me, but somehow researched a few less technologies.

I think it's because the AI sucks at eurekas and inspirations.

Top Bottom