Kublai Khan?

globaooba

The Wolpertinger
So, I was just playing and Kublai was friendly with me. I went into diplomacy and he said "Welcome to China, Chupicabra(my name). care for some kung pow yak?"

Whats with the "welcome to China" part?:confused:

So, I was just playing and Kublai was friendly with me. I went into diplomacy and he said "Welcome to China, Chupicabra(my name). care for some kung pow yak?"

Whats with the "welcome to China" part?:confused:

Wasn't Kublai Khan Emperor of China for a time in history or was that another Mongolian I'm thinking of?

Pretty sure Kublai took over China to complete his Grandpa's quest, and made Beijing (spelling?) his capital.

The Mongolian empire did indeed include most if not all of China as a conquered, vassal state, and IIRC, Kublai moved the seat of the empire's government to China. When Marco Polo met him, they were in what is now Beijing, so perhaps that's what the text refers to.

Maybe his diplomacy text is also based on some other leader, Shi Huang Di, perhaps, I'm not sure.

Kublai Khan was the fellow Marco Polo met when he travelled to Cathay/China, so he was indeed Emperor of China, only a China under Mongol rule.

The Mongols conquered China (along with just about everywhere else) and when they did, they founded what is now known as the Yuan Dynasty. Kulai was the Great Khan of the Mongols who acheived the conquest of China and as such he became the Emperor.

Which expansion was that? I have been playing Warlords and BTW, but have never noticed this flipping. Oh wait, do you mean from Vanilla to Warlords? (sorry for noobish question)

Kublai, the grandson of Ghengis, spent most of his time in China, but not in Beijing. The Yuan dynastys capital was called Shangdu or more common in english Xanadu. I believe most of China was conquered by his predecessors. He was not in the least bit Chinese

Which expansion was that? I have been playing Warlords and BTW, but have never noticed this flipping. Oh wait, do you mean from Vanilla to Warlords? (sorry for noobish question)
In BTS. Before, the current Qin was Kublai, and vice-a-versa. Apparently they had meant for the new way to be the original, but they were mistakenly swapped at release. I wish they had just kept it- forever will I be very confused when I see the old Qin portrait and wonder why Mongolia is in the game.

Or was it swapped in Warlords? I don't remember now.

the yuan dynasty was eventually sinicized, so his empire became chinese.

Cool. should have done some reaserch before I asked. Thanks!

Top Bottom