• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Laggy Graphics

podin04

Chieftain
I'm having a graphics problem. When I get to the point in the game where lots is happening on the map, the graphics will start to get laggy. Each new turn, the graphics start in low detail, then over time the graphics will slowly sharpen, but I have to wait. I suspect this is a simple settings vs. computer capabilities problem. Can anyone suggest settings that will allow better graphics performance without taking a big hit in quality?

My computer: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4, 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB.

Graphics Settings: All set to medium except Texture Quality, which is set on high. "High Detail Strategic View" and "VSync" are both checked. Resolution is 2560 x 1440.

Thanks
Dan

My computer: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4, 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB.

Graphics Settings: All set to medium except Texture Quality, which is set on high. "High Detail Strategic View" and "VSync" are both checked. Resolution is 2560 x 1440.

Thanks
Dan

Probably insufficient VRAM.
Try to reduce Texture Quality at first, and make sure AA is diabled.

You could alternatively try dropping the resolution (a lot) and running windowed to maintain image quality and improve performance. If there is a utility available for mac to monitor vram usage for amd hardware, that would be very helpful.

edit: Presuming mac works like windows in this regard, you can disable vsync if running windowed. Also, drop the strategic view detail, you won't miss that as much and gain modest savings.

Top Bottom