Laptops - Black Terrain, Graphics Cards

tutankamon

Chieftain
I have 3 laptops here. Here is what happened on all of them.

a) LG centrino 1.5 ghz, 512 RAM,
Graphics card: Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics

The game loads, videos are a bit cut, but overall sweet stuff. I open up the game.....all black terrain.

b) Compaq Pentium 4 Presario 2500 3.05ghz, 448 RAM
Graphics card: RADEON IGP 345M

The game loads, videos are a bit cut, but overall sweet stuff. I open up the game.....all black terrain.
I go to civfanatics page and notice the instructios for RADEON graphics card.
I go to ati page and download the ATI 5.10 Catalyst....i am unable to install it, because its not for my version of RADEON card since my graphic card is on motherboard.
I follow the insrtructions nevertheless of civfanatics and go through the PAK program.
I load the game and the result is unsurprisigly the same. (black terrain)

I go back and look for a video driver for my comp this time rather than the graphics card itself since its on the motherboard. I isntall the new drive from HPsite. Load the game..result the same. (black terrain)

c) Third laptop - gonna try tonight. I am tired. Been working on this for 4-5 hours now.

Sorry for the doublepost....!!! got AN ERROR MESSAGE FIRST

c) third comp....as soon as I found out it has the same graphics card as my first comp a) I didn´t even bother installing the game.

Now, I have 3 COMPS and I can´t play the game!!!!! Is that normal?

Back to the solution of Olive now........

Tried in on both comps...

On one of them i got ONE tile revealed...wow, progress
On the other ..nothing...still in dark.

The game will never ever work on graphics cards that do not have hardware T&L supports, which includes ALL "Intel Extreme Graphics" type cards.

You can forget about playing it on computer A.

You should be able to play it on computer B, and I would focus efforts on getting it to work there. As far as I know all ATI cards of the last 4 years or so support hardware T&L, so your problem with computer B should be resolvable, unless that particular model does not support hardware T&L.

As for computer C, it depends on the graphics card. If it is Intel Extreme Graphics, don't waste your time installing. If it is a Radeon or Geforce mobile chip, you may have success in getting it to run.

Top Bottom