Late game bugs

hanoi

Chieftain
Just played as Babylon, large map, and ran into some strange things in the late game.

Worst was cities falling into disorder for no apparent reason. One was a city I had settled myself; another was one that flipped to me culturally centuries earlier. It was during a war, but I was a Monarchy at the time; both had all the happiness improvements, and no other city that I hadn't recently conquered was anywhere close to disorder; and the big tipoff was clicking on the unhappy ctizens, and the big "reason" was "can't forget your cruel oppression etc." They'd never been "oppressed"! A couple of other newly founded cities also had this problem.

The other one was finally making peace with China, then I got the "get your units off my territory" warning. I did so, but without their declaring war again, they started attacking and the diplomacy screen showed us at war!

Both real annoying glitches late in a marathon game, cramping my late score-boosting strategy. Anyone else experienced this?

1) entertainers, luxury rate chenges, luxury resources only show up the next turn in 1.17. So if you loose a lux or set en entertainer to work on a tile you will not see what happenes unitl it has already taken effect.
The very strange non-existent oppression sounds like a major bug.

2) bug Bug BUG!

Had you taken, then disbanded, any AI cities? (With settlers, so it asks you if you want to abandon it)

If so, any whipping unhappiness from those cities would have gotten transferred to your nearest city....

Or, if you whipped a lot early, and then the overriding happiness stuff took over and hid it, and now there's some unhappiness left that there's not enough happiness modifiers to cover up.....

Originally posted by Mavfin
Had you taken, then disbanded, any AI cities? (With settlers, so it asks you if you want to abandon it)

If so, any whipping unhappiness from those cities would have gotten transferred to your nearest city....

Or, if you whipped a lot early, and then the overriding happiness stuff took over and hid it, and now there's some unhappiness left that there's not enough happiness modifiers to cover up.....

Thanks for the reply.

I did take/disband an AI city or two. And it's proper that those settlers would be of the enemy civ and unhappy in their new city. But I'm talking about other, older cities that hadn't been taken one way or the other. I forgot to mention the pop-up on these unhappy citizens said they were Babylonian, my civ, yet they "can't forget the oppression" etc. It doesn't make sense, even if they were near the action.

On the second point, in this game I didn't get into a war at all until later on.

" It doesn't make sense".

We've been seeing complaints like that about Civ III since it came out. :(

So you have lots of company.

We have all been reduced to beta playtesters.

Originally posted by hanoi

Thanks for the reply.

I did take/disband an AI city or two. And it's proper that those settlers would be of the enemy civ and unhappy in their new city. But I'm talking about other, older cities that hadn't been taken one way or the other. I forgot to mention the pop-up on these unhappy citizens said they were Babylonian, my civ, yet they "can't forget the oppression" etc. It doesn't make sense, even if they were near the action.

On the second point, in this game I didn't get into a war at all until later on.

Ok. It has nothing to do with the settlers that you made from those cities. It's the fact that you took them, and then disbanded them. The whipping unhappiness from the enemy city, when you disbanded it to a settler, moved to your nearest city or cities, even if they had *never* been whipped. :smoke: That's why I either raze a city, or live with it, or be prepared to deal with the moved unhappiness.

There's been lots of threads on this already, so you're not alone. I just deal with it how it is, and if a patch changes it, I'll adjust, and if not, I'll just keep playing.

Top Bottom