Late game districts

nadeem

Chieftain
Are late game districts too expensive?!? My production powerhouse is still taking 30 turns to build a spaceport on epic speed. Seems kinda long still. :/

Are late game districts too expensive?!? My production powerhouse is still taking 30 turns to build a spaceport on epic speed. Seems kinda long still. :/
Spaceport has a unique cost...2000 no more no less
Regular districts go from 60-600 depending on techs

Spaceship is much, much more expensive than others. I have to be honest that I haven't gotten this far myself (broke off two games around the time I researched flight), but to me it appears like every construction part of the science victory (spaceport, sattelite, moon landing, spaceship parts) is supposed to be like building a wonder.

That said, I do believe that districts in general become too expensive in the late game, mostly if you're still expanding (though that's probably more an issue of the Ai not expanding enough). I'd prefer seeing district costs be dependant on amount of districts already in the city and amount of districts of that type you already have in your empire.

The spaceport takes longer to build than some of the actual spaceship projects. That's how it's intended to be. Other districts aren't expensive, even in new cities at the end of the game, as long as you make proper use of trade routes and Industrial Zone overlaps.

I really don't get this whole 'districts are too expensive in late game' vibe. If you have overlapping factories and power plants, a brand new city built in the information era, with a trade route going to your capital, and getting factory/power plant bonuses, can build districts in 10-15 turns. Same as normal.

Costs go up, but so does your industry. You just have to make sure at least one industrial zone is reaching the new city. Even if none are, 1-2 trade routes to your high production cities makes building anything trivial. Water mill in 10 turns, districts in 15.

And yes, spaceport costs a lot. Even in my highest production cities with Ruhr Valley etc, it still takes 22-28 turns. With all the appropriate great people cutting space project costs, and the social policy that reduces them by 15% if you have military academy/whatever the last harbour upgrade is, you can build space projects in 12-15 turns. Without them, they take 20-30ish

You don't always get to overlap your IZs with new cities. But trade routes definitely help with getting new cities off their feet, particularly those going to cities that already have IZs.

Once you get overlapping industrial districts, things become a bit more manageable on that front

Top Bottom