Leader chanches

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

luca 83

Prince
Who agrees to change leaders and put dynastic leaders and elections for republics or similar systems, oligarchic, aristocratic oligopolies?

Who agrees to change leaders and put dynastic leaders and elections for republics or similar systems, oligarchic, aristocratic oligopolies?
Let me guess... you were the only one who voted yes.

I don't believe that this is an accurate representation of the idea being presented.
And how should a civilization that spans millennia with various governments such as China be represented? Between unification, revolutions, separations?

We’ve gone over my feelings over your ideas many times already. Do you really want me to restate them yet again?

I was merely informing the poster above me that I don’t think he fully understood the idea you’re talking about.

Title of the poll should say "Do you want immortal leaders, or not?"

No, it's the reverse, if you read.
Right. I didn't exactly mean in that particular order. I didn't know how else to word it. "Do you not want immortal leaders, or do?" sounds weird to me.

I was merely informing the poster above me that I don’t think he fully understood the idea you’re talking about.
My unspoken assumption is that mods will be part of 7 from the release of the game. For me a mod like this would be worth more to me scenarios because I've not played most of them in 6. There are features that can't be just a mod, such as having districts or separate tech and culture trees.

Okay, but the poll and question are not about a mod. Or about mods in Civ VII.

They're about the OP suggesting that Civ VII - not a mod, but the base game - should be released with a completely overhauled way of using leaders where civs frequently change leaders due to elections, revolutions, etc, instead of having a set leader for most of the game.

Also, how the heck will you be able to do that? I mean, I had an idea before that if a leader were to be hypothetically killed, they would be replaced by another leader. Diocletian or Trajan could replace him if Augustus was killed by a natural disaster, plague, or battle, and these leaders have their own leader bonuses. But that may be a bit complex. Also, if you want no leaders, then I am sorry, as I personally hate that idea.

Also, how the heck will you be able to do that? I mean, I had an idea before that if a leader were to be hypothetically killed, they would be replaced by another leader. Diocletian or Trajan could replace him if Augustus was killed by a natural disaster, plague, or battle, and these leaders have their own leader bonuses.
When you switch governments you could pick one of your "preferred" leaders - the dynastic option. Election would be be you leader would be randomly chosen from your "preferred" leaders when you don't have enough Happiness, Gold, or Natural disaster. Revolution would be if you loose your capital or 50% of cities and you get a random leader outside your "preferred" choices.

I suggested a preferred pool of leader because there may not be alternative leader for a civ. I that case either the player of the game would have a way of picking a preferred pool.

When you switch governments you could pick one of your "preferred" leaders - the dynastic option. Election would be be you leader would be randomly chosen from your "preferred" leaders when you don't have enough Happiness, Gold, or Natural disaster. Revolution would be if you loose your capital or 50% of cities and you get a random leader outside your "preferred" choices.

I suggested a preferred pool of leader because there may not be alternative leader for a civ. I that case either the player of the game would have a way of picking a preferred pool.
I honestly would like this idea, as an optional game mode, but I'm not sure that's what the OP still had in mind.

I don't like the idea of being stuck with a random leader though just because a natural disaster or dark age hit, or in general by a "revolution". Also in my mind, revolutions would create entirely new civilizations and have no impact on your leader choice.

I don't like this concept at all.
But it is necessary that politics change if a leader changes the policy of the tsars is not that of the Soviets plus a monarchist Stalin or a republican and anti-historical ramsess with the characteristics and personality of the leader

But it is necessary that politics change if a leader changes the policy of the tsars is not that of the Soviets plus a monarchist Stalin or a republican and anti-historical ramsess with the characteristics and personality of the leader
No it's not? Governments in Civ change all the time and the leader stays the same.

No it's not? Governments in Civ change all the time and the leader stays the same.
The personalities and qualities of the leaders change one Stalin to one consensus and one. Tsar another! You don't care about politics

the policy of the tsars is not that of the Soviets plus a monarchist Stalin
He personally self-identified with Ivan the Terrible.

That being said, I believe your suggestions, which are valid and you are entitled to, would make Civ a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT 4X game than what it's fan base at all expects, and you seem inordinately frustrated in being in a fringe opinion group, and that people aren't bowled over with epiphany by your bold suggestions.

Top Bottom