Leader of Vietnamese Civ

Which would be a better leader for a Vietnamese civilization?

• Le Loi

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Tran Hung Dao

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Trung Trac. She would also be the preferred leader amongst Vietnamese players as well, given the legacy she and her sister hold to this day.
I had an UU/LUA idea for the Trungs. Start with Trac or Nhi as the Leader. Upon receiving a DOW, the other sister spawns as a GG, and all Viet cities receive a small loyalty boost. Also unlocks the ability to "recruit" a UU that costs1 population to build a "peasant militia" type unit that is equivalent to the strongest melee unit you can build at the time; and gains invisibility if fortified in woods or rainforest. GG retires after the turn equivalent of 2 eras. Upon retirement, a govt building (War Memorial or some such with appropriate ethnic flavor) is available that boosts culture and loyalty in all cities within X number of tiles.

This would be flavorful for role-players, and representative of Vietnam's history of guerrilla tactics as well as rebuking many powerful invaders throughout history.

or... if you wanted to go the AoE route, some kind of archery unit.
Not exactly, because in Vietnam's history I (as a Vietnamese) don't specific know about this unit. When mentioned about Vietnam, even pre-colonial, we don't even remember much about this UU except for some military specialized historians.

Last edited:
I don't know either, it's from this game Age of Empires2

http://gamek.vn/tong-quan-ve-suc-ma...-che-ii-con-rong-chau-a-20161222132659301.chn

I'm Viet also, adopted naturalized US citizen.
Người Mỹ gốc Việt? xD That's is a unique unit of Vietnam in Age of Empire II. Good suggestion.
In my opinion if we decided to choose a UU for pre-colonial Vietnam it must represent the entire period of the rebellion of Vietnam against China's dynasties, which dated back before the French colonization. Honestly I don't know what to choose, because I am not sure that pre-colonial Vietnam should appear as a Militaristic Civ or a Cultural Civ.

Last edited:
Top Bottom