Leader Picker is back

I've updated the original leader picker created by Zhahz and maintained by Gherald. For those not familiar, it's a handy html file that invaluable for finding a leader with the traits/technology you desire. I originally did this to get a better handle on all the new warlords traits and unique buildings/units. Just thought I would share it in case anyone else finds it useful.

Updated for Warlords 2.08.

Added a file for the initial release of Beyond the Sword!
BTS version updated to 4.1
-Updated unique units for Spain, Japan & Greece after BTS release
-Updated Expansive trait to +25% production of workers

BTS version updated to 4.2
-Minor changes to hammer counts, units and buildings

Obsolete Files:
Civilization IV Beyond the Sword Leader Picker.zip (19.6 KB, 79 views)
Civilization IV Beyond the Sword Leader Picker.zip (19.7 KB, 69 views)

Attachments

• Civilization IV Warlords Leader Picker.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 922
  • Civilization IV Beyond the Sword Leader Picker.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,583
Dude, thank you so much for updating this great little thing!

Not a problem, just enjoy!

Remember this html file can be used offline by simply opening it in a browser. I forgot to mention that in the original post.

it's really amazing how somebody can help others with a simple, helpful tool, like you did, alphaBeta!You don't have an idea of how much you helped me! one thousand thanks!!!!!

Just found your thread in your sig from your reply in my thread! :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH for creating this little jem! Everytime I start a game, I have to bust out BOTH manuals to look up leader traits and decide who I want to be. This little tool will save me SO much prep time!! THANK YOU!!

Updated the BTS version to account for changes apparent after purchasing BTS. Things should now be up to date, let me know if you see anything incorrect!

Enjoy!

Updated again since I finally got a chance to sit down with all the BTS unique units and buildings side-by-side with their standard counterparts. This analysis resulted in a couple very minor changes. As always, let me know of any problems. See first post for updated BTS file.

I've updated the original leader picker created by Zhahz and maintained by Gherald. For those not familiar, it's a handy html file that invaluable for finding a leader with the traits/technology you desire. I originally did this to get a better handle on all the new warlords traits and unique buildings/units. Just thought I would share it in case anyone else finds it useful.

hmm useful doc! i noticed this doc today. and what strange is that i also created a similar doc for myself, didn't share it yet. but yours are more practical to use, brother. besides, when you mouseover to UU&UB, the extra feature of it is shown. That's especially pretty cool!
BRAVO!

But i also have a few suggestions for you:

1) put 2 selections for trait and 2 for free tech

2) put a multi-selection option, which i have in my own doc (as it's an excel file, i just do it by data/filtering). Instead of selecting one of each trait/ free tech, can you just let the user to select multiple options?

For example details; just click the following spoiler

Spoiler :

SELECTION1)
trait1: organized OR philosophical OR industrious
trait2: any
this will generate many leaders having at least 1 of three

SELECTION2)
trait1: organized OR philosophical OR industrious
trait2: financial
this will generate 3 leaders (DARIUS, LIZZY and HUAYNA CAPAC)

SELECTION3)
free tech1: fishing
free tech2: mining OR mysticism
this will generate leaders having fishing together with 1of mysticism or mining

SELECTION4)
free tech1: wheel
free tech2: agricultural
this will generate leaders having both; wheel and agricultural together

hmm useful doc! i noticed this doc today. and what strange is that i also created a similar doc for myself, didn't share it yet. but yours are more practical to use, brother. besides, when you mouseover to UU&UB, the extra feature of it is shown. That's especially pretty cool!
BRAVO!

i am attaching my simple doc if it's not a problem for you to do it here.
it is not a professional civilziation scientific work. but it was an office 2007 practice for me, generally :) in this xlsx document, if, sum, average, std dev etc. formulas are used..

if you are interested, do like the following:

* fill in points for traits
* fill in points for free techs
* fill in points for UU & UBs
* if you believe some leaders have good adaptations with their own civilizations, you can put an extra "adaptation value" to be added to the total sum.

the powerful leader and/OR civs according to your points are highlighted with custom "fill in"s and text colours.

Attachments

• civ4_evaluation_v2.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 275
camarilla - xlsx seems to be only MS Office 2007 compatible, could you save it in ms office 2003 compatible format? xls I think

camarilla - xlsx seems to be only MS Office 2007 compatible, could you save it in ms office 2003 compatible format? xls I think

yes, unfortunately it's created in 2007. but still i saved it as office 1997-2003 doc.
While saving it gives some error especially about conditional formatting. so i am not sure if showing the stronger leaders in different colours work perfectly right. i made a few changes, it seemt to adopt well OK.

i am uploading that one now. I also filled some cells with grey colour. Those are the cells that user has to enter points. The rest will be formulated and created.

Attachments

• civ4_evaluation_v2_1.zip
    26 KB · Views: 312
Top Bottom