Leaders revealed

Was St. Olga married, if so I'm pretty sure she counts.

Wikipedia said:
Saint Olga (Old Church Slavonic: Ольга, born c. 890 died 11 July 969, Kiev) was a ruler of Kievan Rus' as regent (945–c. 963) for her son, Svyatoslav. She is known for her obliteration of the Drevlians, a tribe that had killed her husband Igor of Kiev, and for her efforts to spread Christianity through the Rus';

Ahah, could work! :lol: Alternative leader for Russia? I don't think we'd need a separate Kievan Rus civ.
Modders, are you pointing this stuff down? Firaxis, you too?

Everyone's freaking out about two leaders for Greece. but how do you guys know they just won't do Gorgo for Sparta and Pericles for Athens and have these city-states (civs in their own right) be independent? Kinda like how Venice was its own Civ.

Everyone's freaking out about two leaders for Greece. but how do you guys know they just won't do Gorgo for Sparta and Pericles for Athens and have these city-states (civs in their own right) be independent? Kinda like how Venice was its own Civ.

There's no 100% confirmation this isn't the case, but the main reason for doubting that is the poster we saw in a video that was our original source of speculation for the ingame leaders was arranged alphabetically by country, and the pictures of Gorgo and Pericles were between Germany and India and the alphabetic order holds up with everything else.

There's no 100% confirmation this isn't the case, but the main reason for doubting that is the poster we saw in a video that was our original source of speculation for the ingame leaders was arranged alphabetically by country, and the pictures of Gorgo and Pericles were between Germany and India and the alphabetic order holds up with everything else.

There is also this:

Ahah, could work! :lol: Alternative leader for Russia? I don't think we'd need a separate Kievan Rus civ.
Modders, are you pointing this stuff down? Firaxis, you too?

Yes plz @ a Ukrainian Civ (let's face it, they will name such a civ "Ukraine" over "Ruthenia" or "Kievan Rus", whither Majapahit/Indonesia?). I would support a brandnew European Civ in a future expansion.

Hmm... so only one civ with multiple leaders? Unbelievable.

Completely logical. They test and demo the ability. The rest of additional leaders are for DLC.

Completely logical. They test and demo the ability. The rest of additional leaders are for DLC.

So we need a new thread about which civ should have a second leader and which leaders should be included in the DLCs/expansions.

If there is already a female leader, they should add a male one.

So we need a new thread about which civ should have a second leader and which leaders should be included in the DLCs/expansions.

If there is already a female leader, they should add a male one.

Let's see.
- The leaderboard has Isabella which was positioned as Spain leader. So Spain having second leader is very probable.
- England and America have UU as part of leader ability, which would make additional leader interesting - we could expect Longbowmen and Minutemen, for example.
- IIRC, more than 2 civs were mentioned as having second UU. Whatever the second Civ with 2 UU is, it's likely candidate for additional leader.Although, it's possible that's actually Greece.
- Second leader for India would be very welcome. And I don't think the India could be the civ with second UU as Gandhi is unlikely to have UU.

I propose the "Badass Saint Queens Who Wore The Pants In Their Marriages" DLC (aka the Jadwiga/Isabella one) to be delayed until KING TAMAR is made.

Why post that again? Its no more true than it was last time! Jogaila had the power, not Jadwiga, who was 13 when the two married, and Ferdinand was co-ruler of Isabella's kingdom of Castille, whilst Ferdinand was the sole ruler of Aragon. Isabella's kingdom was the larger, but she shared its rule, so which of the two was more powerful is not clear.

Tamar is different, as she was not a co-ruler, but the sole sovereign of Georgia. She in fact had two husbands, the first of which ended up being exiled from the country.

Let's see.
- The leaderboard has Isabella which was positioned as Spain leader. So Spain having second leader is very probable.
- England and America have UU as part of leader ability, which would make additional leader interesting - we could expect Longbowmen and Minutemen, for example.
- IIRC, more than 2 civs were mentioned as having second UU. Whatever the second Civ with 2 UU is, it's likely candidate for additional leader.Although, it's possible that's actually Greece.
- Second leader for India would be very welcome. And I don't think the India could be the civ with second UU as Gandhi is unlikely to have UU.

Great deduction based speculation as always stealth_nsk :thumbsup:

A second leader is to be expected in those cases in which a less obvious leader was chosen for one of the more traditional civs. Therefore, some obvious candidates besides Spain (due to Isabella's appearance in the Leader bingo) include:

-France (Napoleon?)
-America (Washington / Lincoln ?)
-England (Elizabeth / Henry VIII / Churchill ?)
-Russia (Catherine / Ivan the Terrible?)
-Egypt (Ramesses II)

I wonder whether this DLC approach could allow for some controversial leaders to make a comeback.

A couple of examples from the top of my mind that would sell like hot cake:

2nd world war scenario with:
-Churchill (England)
-Stalin (Russia)
-Roosevelt (America)
-Hirohito (Japan)
-Hitler (Germany / Nazi Germany) - Maybe replaced by someone else, or deleted in the German version of the game.

Napoleonic Wars:
-Napoleon (France)
-Francis II (New Civ: Austria)
-Arthur Wellesley (England)
-Frederick the Great or (more accurate choice) Frederick William III (Prussia / Germany)
-William I of the Netherlands (New Civ: Netherlands)

I am going to guess that they're never going to design a cartoon Hitler.

Agreed. A 2nd world war scenario without Hitler makes little sense, of course.
I'm afraid the other options for germany in that period are equally bad.

Anyway, my proposal for the Napoleonic Wars stands, and there are other good candidates:

-100' years war
-Reconquista
-Spanish/French/British/Portuguese colonization of the Americas
-30' years war

Agreed. A 2nd world war scenario without Hitler makes little sense, of course.
I'm afraid the other options for germany in that period are equally bad.

Anyway, my proposal for the Napoleonic Wars stands, and there are other good candidates:

-100' years war
-Reconquista
-Spanish/French/British/Portuguese colonization of the Americas
-30' years war

I remember a WWII scenario in civ 2 that had the 'Axis' lead by Hitler, even released in Germany. But there was no leader icon/animation for it.

Do you see your suggestions as open wars? Or has every country its own goal to achieve, like we had in Civ 5's 'Fall of Rome'? I'd very much prefer the latter. It's kind of obvious for the Reconquista anyway. But the 30 years war doesn't need to go as long as the other religions are extinct imo, there can be other goals. Same for colonization scenarios.
I'd also like a colonization scenarios of the Mediterranean in antiquity and a 'unite Germany under your lead' scenario that offers multiple ways of succeeding. A scenario about the end of the colonial empires seems also interesting to me. You start with this large amount of land and as Britain, France, Portugal or Spain (+Belgium, Netherlands and Germany) and you try to hold on to all cities. While turmoil and revolutions, and of course other nations interfering, threaten to take your cities away from your control. This could include great, and totally different, leaders.

I remember a WWII scenario in civ 2 that had the 'Axis' lead by Hitler, even released in Germany. But there was no leader icon/animation for it.

Do you see your suggestions as open wars? Or has every country its own goal to achieve, like we had in Civ 5's 'Fall of Rome'? I'd very much prefer the latter. It's kind of obvious for the Reconquista anyway. But the 30 years war doesn't need to go as long as the other religions are extinct imo, there can be other goals. Same for colonization scenarios.
I'd also like a colonization scenarios of the Mediterranean in antiquity and a 'unite Germany under your lead' scenario that offers multiple ways of succeeding. A scenario about the end of the colonial empires seems also interesting to me. You start with this large amount of land and as Britain, France, Portugal or Spain (+Belgium, Netherlands and Germany) and you try to hold on to all cities. While turmoil and revolutions, and of course other nations interfering, threaten to take your cities away from your control. This could include great, and totally different, leaders.

Those are all great ideas Spitah. The end of the colonial empire seems specially attractive to me... as you might expect I would have a blast keeping each and every colony Spain used to have, and getting some new ones too.

To be completely honest, I've played a total of zero scenarios in my thousands of hours of Civilization gaming. The random elements of the game is what has me hooked. In any case, it makes sense to release DLC packs that contain a scenario with some new leaders and some new civs combined - it seems like a great way for them to market the DLC content.

I wonder, what price will be considered by the community as acceptable for DLC content? CIV Prices were, if my info is correct (Spanish store) as follows:

CIV V: New Civ (+ Scenario) = 4,99€ (Example = Polynesia)
CIV V: 2 New Civs (+ Scenario) = 7,99€ (Example = Spain + Inca)
CIV V: 4 New Wonders (+ Scenario) = 4,99€ (Example = Wonders of the Ancient World)
CIV V: Expansions = 29,99€ (Example = BNW)

Taking that in count, and the fact that Civs have more unique "stuff" in Civ VI... how much is a standalone new leader for a existing civilization worth to you?

I wonder, what price will be considered by the community as acceptable for DLC content? CIV Prices were, if my info is correct (Spanish store) as follows:

CIV V: New Civ (+ Scenario) = 4,99€ (Example = Polynesia)
CIV V: 2 New Civs (+ Scenario) = 7,99€ (Example = Spain + Inca)
CIV V: 4 New Wonders (+ Scenario) = 4,99€ (Example = Wonders of the Ancient World)
CIV V: Expansions = 29,99€ (Example = BNW)

Taking that in count, and the fact that Civs have more unique "stuff" in Civ VI... how much is a standalone new leader for a existing civilization worth to you?

I happen to live a terribly expensive country, think of a normal pizza as 20€+. Computer games are priced like in other industrial countries though, so they are really cheap compared to many other things and also compared to wages. Given the amount of time I will probably sink in Civ VI, I don't care much for the DLC prices, since in the long run, even ~120€ for all content is still a very low €/h game time (and still only 5 pizzas...). But I don't think that prices will increase over Civ 5's, at least not very much. Maybe a normal DLC will get to 7.99€. A new civ for 10 € is probably too hard to sell without discounts. If you still need the exact same DLC to play MP games, I guess they stick to the small DLC packages and one or two larger expansions. I'm not sure if they will sell single leaders separately, though. I guess we'll see them in packs of 2 or 3 and a scenario. If they do sell single leaders separately, they should be cheaper than civs. Maybe 3.99?

I don't think there will be DLC with a single leader, it would look too small. Probably 2-3 leaders for each leader DLC in $5.

Top Bottom