Leaders revealed

Also, this is official: this is the worst starter civ line up in the entire series. Sparta. Unbelievable. Meanwhile India being one civ is totally cool guize, because they're brown they're all the same! But nope, we need to make Athens and Sparta different civs because all the minute differences between the two!

Actually pretty mad over this.

Athens and Sparta are quite different. The sharp historical contrast between Sparta's emphasis on militarism, land power, and rule of the few versus Athens's emphasis on intellectual achievement, naval power, and rule of the many is very famous.

I'm totally with you on Civ's depiction of India being a total embarrassment though. That needs to be fleshed out in a big way.

No, that is Alfonso, just his native name.

Also, this is official: this is the worst starter civ line up in the entire series. Sparta. Unbelievable. Meanwhile India being one civ is totally cool guize, because they're brown they're all the same! But nope, we need to make Athens and Sparta different civs because all the minute differences between the two!

Actually pretty mad over this.

For one, I think Sparta and Athens are going to be on civ, and I actually think that's a pretty fun choice for a civ to have two leaders. I like it. That would change if it turns out of them is just a whole separate DLC civ, but I really don't think...

But otherwise, I agree with you. Even some of the "non-European" civs are actually the most "European" civs they could have possibly picked. Who needs variety!

So 4 leaders are missing from that list. And they seem to be Teddy, Trajan, Tomyris and Victoria. So this build includes some DLC, but not all. It seems so.

Jadviga and Isabella seem to be DLC.
The screenshot doesn't show the whole list. You can clearly see the option of scrolling down.

I spent the entire lead up to that going "no, no, they wouldn't. They have to know... Oh, okay, they are showing it. Well, it's got to be intentional... Nope, no it's not. It just got super awkward. They did not think this through. Huh. Oh well. Oh, right! New leaders!"

I actually thought that was totally on purpose. Didn't they kinda out of nowhere just say "Oh, there was a question about the agenda (it was some time ago), let's check that up in the civilopedia."?

I actually thought that was totally on purpose. Didn't they kinda out of nowhere just say "Oh, there was a question about the agenda (it was some time ago), let's check that up in the civilopedia."?

Except the crazy awkwardness that followed.

I'm just blown away... how can Gorgo even be in the game? She did absolute nothing noteworthy historically. And then potentially as the leader of a separate Spartan Civ? Who wanted that? What are they thinking. Tamar of Georgia is a joke but my god she'd make for a better leader and Georgia a better Civ! Can't believe it

I'm just blown away... how can Gorgo even be in the game? She did absolute nothing noteworthy historically. And then potentially as the leader of a separate Spartan Civ? Who wanted that? What are they thinking. Tamar of Georgia is a joke but my god she'd make for a better leader and Georgia a better Civ! Can't believe it

Stop. Breathe. And then realize we don't know yet how it will play out. Can Greece choose between the two or are they seperate. Relax for now.

Athens and Sparta are quite different. The sharp historical contrast between Sparta's emphasis on militarism, land power, and rule of the few versus Athens's emphasis on intellectual achievement, naval power, and rule of the many is very famous.

There's still the possibility of Greece having two leaders, which would be honestly preferable to me.
Needless balkanization just makes people beg for civs that aren't civs or are just cultural subsets of established civilizations.

It's alphabetical, neither I nor J can appear after T, so there can't be Isabella nor Jawdiga there

I was replying to the first part of his comment (regarding "Teddy, Trajan, Tomyris and Victoria"). Again, you can see that the scrollbar can move there.

That doesn't matter though they're still Greeks and part of the Greek civilization. Just two different states that had different approaches to politics but they were by no means different civilizations. Seriously I don't like crying about civ choices but having Greece and Sparta is just silly.
What next Germany and a separate Prussia?
Russia and Novgorod?
England and Wessex?

Feel so bad for Ed ! But that's the ever present danger of live action ;) Even greats like Jobs and Gates have had those "Uh-OH" moments doing live presentations, so I just hope he doesn't get too much crap from fireaxis for this... Things like this just happen, they'll just have to roll with it !

Top Bottom