Leaders who Declare at Pleased

hexem3117

Warlord
Could anyone give me a link to a spreadsheet or something similar that shows this information? I just got rolled over by a (at the time) Friendly Louis XIV. My only guess is that he declared at some point when he was at Pleased with me over the past few turns...Pretty much just ruined my game. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I tried to search the forum, but couldn't find much except the reference guide which was confusing to me.

Also be advised that once a leader starts planning a war with you it doesn't matter if their status changes to Pleased afterward: it's just a matter of when the mechanics of the game result in them declaring war.

Thanks Jauggy. That helps...so I guess I dropped down to Pleased for a few turns Louis did decide to go to war with me. He had vassalized 3 other civs at the time, so he couldn't have been bribed by them to go to war, and he really hated Alexander, and I had a Defensive Pact with the last one (Saladin)...what a jerk. 80% no war for him. Rather unlucky. Next game I'm going to clean his clock. I'll put him in there specifically for that purpose. :evil:

@binthuy71- I understand all that, I just didn't know Louis was such a potential bser. I had to have dropped to Pleased from Friendly for a few turns, and I DID have little military since I was such good friends with him, so that would increase his likelihood to DOW, as well.

Loius will declare at pleased just for the sake of annoying you. He has done it to me often even when it means his instant death.

Yeah Lious has done that to me before too. I was his nearest neighbor and all throughout the centuries we had open boarders, were trading partners, and good buddies when suddenly he backstabbed me. He made a big mistake. ;)

^^^I like it when that happens. You can conquer, raze, and eliminate without that pesky "You declared war on our friend!!" diplo penalty.

As far as razing their holy city... well... may not wanna do that :blush:

Top Bottom