Left 4 Dead

There is 1 new map for Survival. The "16 new maps" are locked-in versions of wherever crescendo events happened before. So they're not new as much as "slightly modified versions" that keeps you locked in.

Sometimes they provide a reason, such as in the sewers everything short circuits, others act like normal, and other just have a key part to let you escape simply removed or locked.

Could have had a fun game with Rubrum Scamp and Kan', but my laptop choose to crash when the first horde appeared.

It's been acting funny lately, and I'll have to wait till I get back to my desktop to really enjoy the new mode.

Why? No Mercy isn't a bad level.

It's a great campaign level and all, but honestly...it's been overplayed. I don't like Blood Harvest very much.

The thing with Dead Air is that they only had to remove like one fence and take out a few closets, and it was versus-ready. They had to modify No Mercy a lot though.

Well today I found out that on one of the Dead Air levels (cannot remember which) there is an unbreakable door,which allows you to hide in a small closet with no fear of the Tank. Just stay away from the walls, because he can still hit you. The door is metalic and it looks like the room might be a freezer room or something.

I can't believe Valve missed it. It's pretty close to the saferoom, so I guess it can't be used in most situations. And I cannot expect Valve to do everything. But still, it's pretty unfair to the other team when you can't hit them in the impenatrable closet.

You mean the freezer door by the safehouse door? The same door is also found on the second floor of that building in the train yard in Death Toll.

Is it possible to get into the shed in the Church survival map? I went down to it and it was locked so I decide to blow a hole in the door with a shotgun to see what was in it except blasting it with a shotgun didn't do anything except blow up whatever is inside the shed.

Is it possible to get into the shed in the Church survival map? I went down to it and it was locked so I decide to blow a hole in the door with a shotgun to see what was in it except blasting it with a shotgun didn't do anything except blow up whatever is inside the shed.

Nope, they learned from the campaigns and either romoved, walled over or installed a new end-of-the-universe-proof locked door on all cubby holes.

Plus it would be pointless to hold out in the closet once you start getting more than one tank.

It's kind of boring to just sit in a closet anyway. I think the random faraway closet in the Dead Air finale is still there. Why is there a closet there anyway? A huge concrete wall with a closet on it. Wow.

It's for respawning anyone who manages to died before the finale is started during the normal campaign.

I prefer not to sit in a closet, there are plenty of neater and more fun strageties(like sitting on the Satillite tower on No Mercy) but I will resort to it if I want to move on(dieing 15 times is more boring then 1 successful closet case) or if I have to log off soon.

I prefer not to sit in a closet, there are plenty of neater and more fun strageties(like sitting on the Satillite tower on No Mercy) but I will resort to it if I want to move on(dieing 15 times is more boring then 1 successful closet case) or if I have to log off soon.

You know a team is failure when it doesn't understand that even with the closet tactic, you have to exit a tight space like this when a tank spawns...

So whats thehighest time on your leader boards? Theres someone on mine with 34 minutes on Lighthouse, I call bollocks on that, and the second highest is 14minutes.

That bug was fixed, it was after 15 or 20 minutes tanks stopped spawning. I have someone who lasted just over an HOUR on Lighthouse (mind, he and I assume the other people he was with are on a pro team).

I see, well I hope CivGeneral has some explanations concerning 14 minutes on Last Stand, hehe.

I did get my gold medal achievement yesterday with CivGeneral, manbearpig and his friend, 11:40 I believe. It was on the airport terminal map. If you want your gold medal, I suggest this map. Hide behind the counter and win.

Top Bottom