[GS] Less Advanced Barbarians

localdisk51

Chieftain
This is a mod that sets barbarians back an era, roughly. I couldn't find a way to reduce barbarian technology through the database, so I was forced to rely on lua to kill barbarians and replace them with less advanced units. So for example, if the game tries to spawn a barbarian Man-At-Arms, my mod will kill it and replace it with a Swordsman.

Other similarly themed changes include replacing barbarian horsemen with warriors, and barbarian horse archers with slingers. Galleys are simply destroyed and not replaced. So you won't see barbarian galleys unless a quadrireme is spawned, which will then be replaced with a galley. Spearmen that start the game in the camps are replaced with warriors.

I had a hard time figuring out what to do with unique barbarian units in Barbarian Clans mode. Ultimately, I went with just reducing their health down to 50%. I'd love to hear suggestions for something better.

The mod is available here on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2844394079&searchtext=

For those that sometimes play on Android like me, I've attached a custom version of the mod that's specifically designed for Android.

Attachments

• lessadvancedbarbsandroid.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 30
For those that don't want to, or can't use steam, I've attached the version I uploaded to steam.

Attachments

• LessAdvancedBarbarians-original.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 36
This is a mod that sets barbarians back an era, roughly. I couldn't find a way to reduce barbarian technology through the database, so I was forced to rely on lua to kill barbarians and replace them with less advanced units. So for example, if the game tries to spawn a barbarian Man-At-Arms, my mod will kill it and replace it with a Swordsman.

Other similarly themed changes include replacing barbarian horsemen with warriors, and barbarian horse archers with slingers. Galleys are simply destroyed and not replaced. So you won't see barbarian galleys unless a quadrireme is spawned, which will then be replaced with a galley. Spearmen that start the game in the camps are replaced with warriors.

I had a hard time figuring out what to do with unique barbarian units in Barbarian Clans mode. Ultimately, I went with just reducing their health down to 50%. I'd love to hear suggestions for something better.

The mod is available here on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2844394079&searchtext=

For those that sometimes play on Android like me, I've attached a custom version of the mod that's specifically designed for Android.
I have been trying to get any mod to work on android (even my own tweaks) but to no avail. Where do I put your files for the mod to work, as the only files I have on the phone are two large obb files, which if extracted the game does not recognise.

Top Bottom