• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Let's get a gaming group together

Xyvyr

Chieftain
Eh Yo! Yo Eh! Who's interested in starting up a gaming group? I'd like to get a game going maybe once a week or so?? Anybody up? I'm at -8GMT here north of Seattle, but keep odd hours due to bar work - evening to late-night would work best for me. I've got a gold edition running on my Mac, FYI. Reply here, leave me a PM, get me on ICQ, E-Mail me, or throw a paper airplane in my general direction.. I don't care, I just hate these moronic AI's and I'm not gonna take it anymore!
:band:

Oh man, I hope it doesn't sounds like I meant for people to get together -in- seattle.. as for time - does it go faster there or something? I know you got some crazy clockworking skills over there and but man, totally different time?!

im in .. i'll play i work nights also so afternoons or weekends work best 4 me im at -5 time zone .. u can find me on apolyton threads or the zone.. mostly at the zone.. or icq me anytime :D

Yo, homeys, come visit us at the zone at www.zone.com. A kewl bunch of us are there all the time, doodling over civ games. Kewls. Peaceout.

"I'm too kewl for my gal~~"

:cool:

Yo peeps, whazzap wit da dizzle in da hizzle?? Let's $ellout an git da hellout wit a M$N tipstyle kool-G :vomit:

Sorry, my ebonics is a little rusty. Thanks LL Spartan Cool J, but I happen to be a MAC user, shunned by my neighbor here in Seattle, Mr. Willy Gate$. Have fun at the zOnE ahyuck-hyuck! I looked at the place and almost passed out from the reek of Oxy-10 and stale Old-Spice.

OK ANYWAY - Thanks to the three with whom I've lined up games, next one is this afternoon, hit me on ICQ or email me to get the time and IP. PEACE-OUT KEWLIOS!

- straight from the mean streats of Lake Forest Park, MC "XXX" Xyvyr

id like to play with u

im in -5 time zone

ive got a mac but i must use virtual pc to play civ2 gold

i dunno how u do please tell me!

Originally posted by FLQ.Storm
id like to play with u
im in -5 time zone
ive got a mac but i must use virtual pc to play civ2 gold
i dunno how u do please tell me!

Huh.. I don't see that that'd be a problem.. if you have the multiplayer option, you're good to go - just make sure it's the newest version. Got any particular game in mind??

Originally posted by Smile
Hi

yeah i want to play!
but i have got a pc is that ok too?

Ya sure ya betcha. I take no prejudice on the battlefield :) You really in Germany?? What's that like +3 GMT or something?

OK, looks like Monday is going to be the day for our next game.. we just have to work out a time. We have me at -8GMT, two people at -5, one at -6, and one.. the tricky part.. is at +1! He said playing until 11pm(+1GMT) would be ok for him.. I'm up for any time for a start, so it's up to the -5 and -6ers to hash it out. So Hawk, Storm, Brian, what do you think? (man it sounds like a comic book team!)

Originally posted by Smile
i said i can play until 9pm GMT+1

Geez - two years of ROTC you'd think I'd get 24hr time down. :rolleyes: Sorry, you did say 21:00..

i think its better i dont play becuse of the big time difference

Well huh. It'd be nice to come to a happy medium somehow, but it is a pretty large time difference. Stupid archaic sun-worshipping time system... you mentioned PBEM in talking earlier, I haven't done an email game, but would you like to start one up? Are those kosher between PC and Mac?

Well, that was a fun little impromptu game there Storm. When I went to join I had a choice including the Babylonians with 8 cities and 25 or so units, and Americans with 2 cities and 2 units, so the choice was obvious - USA all the way! Gee I wish The Indians weren't surrounding my cities with catapults when I dropped into the game. What did that take - 3 turns to kill me off? Oh well.

Anyway, any ideas on what type of game to play on Monday? Little scenario to get things off to a quick start or just have at it with a huge map right off the bat?

i set a PBEM for 4 player!
so must go to i-net game and load a old game (this savegame!)
YOU MUST SET A PASSWORD so no other can view your map!
than VERY IMPORTANT to got to the options and make WAIT AFTER EVERY TURN on! if your turn is ready save the view and post it here or via icq to the next player!

i think of tjhis player:
Smile (i)
Xyvyr (so you must take this file)
Storm (after Xyvyr)
Magus (friend of Storm )

so lets try!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/PBEMSmile.net

Top Bottom