Let's make Civ 5

IMO nukes should be made stronger (Not to the point of razing a city like in rev, but rendering that city pretty useless for a while) but harder to obtain. Also, the SDI should be much more expensive and require at least 1 ally at Friendly on another continent.

I think the most needed improvement in Civ 5 is improved AIs. I hate that on all difficulties higher than noble, the AIs require less resources to do something. If the developers can find a way to make AIs harder without cheating for them, Civ 5 would be much-improved over Civ 4.

Talking about difficulty, the highest difficulty level should be named Sid like in Civ 3 Conquests.

OK, Civ IV was a dissappointment. The developers sold their test version to the world and now we're stuck with a crappy game. So let's look at what's wrong, and what has to be changed in Civ 5. The things that are good can of course also be said...

- First of all: 3D is nice to see, but if it slows everything down, then I don't need it. For me it is impossible to play on huge maps, because around 1600 the program crashes. So, if you implement 3D, give the users the choice of running the game in 2D too.

- Technologies: Personally, I want hundreds of techs. Every unit, every building, every civic, ... their own tech. It gives you the feeling that you progress quite fast (every couple of turns a tech (even on marathon speed), but you actually can do the same things.

- Buildings: I want more different buildings (also some hundreds). Now it's quite obvious what to build in each city, let's make real descissions.

- General city placing: I am wondering if it should be possible to have cities grow to other tiles, once they have 5 population. All tiles around all tiles covered by the city could be worked. That means that in the beginning you can work 8 tiles, but when the city grows, more tiles become available. Just a thought tough!

- Units: Again, I want hundreds of different units, more kinds of bombs/nukes, more non-combat units (like merchants that share food or other things between cities).

- Civics: I like the civic system, but we need more classes and more options per class.

- Future: We need future techs, units, buildings, cities on water, maybe lunar or mars colonization...

- Logics: That a mountain is impossible to climb around 4000 BC is quite logic, but that even in 2000 AD you can't climb it, that's unlogical. There are a lot of things like this, but I can't remember them for the moment.

There is a ton more to add, but I have to go now. I'll be back....

PS: I know that you can change most of these things but "the most customizable civ ever" is quite difficult to customize. Give us a good editor and I'll shut up.

Civ IV was not a dissapointment. It was a slab of :trophy::banana:PURE AWESOMENESS!!!:banana::trophy:

By the way, I'm resisting the urge to call you a heretic right now.

But you were right about the editing part. They should have made a Civ4Edit, but because the game was awesome, I can forgive that.

We had such city size caps in previous civ games. I personaly like it better as it is in civ4.

Rome had a population of about a million in its imperial prime. I think it's too generalizing to restrict all cities because most of them started to grow in the industrial age.

Oh, and about civ4: I wasn't dissapointed in the slightest. Of course I rarely play on large planets and never on huge, but I'd find it too time-consuming anyway (with all the cities and units there would be).

Maybe make it tougher, not impossible, but tougher than it is now.

Not saying its necessary, but I think it would be good.

I'm really excited about CiV, especially 1UPT.

Maybe make it tougher, not impossible, but tougher than it is now.

Not saying its necessary, but I think it would be good.

I'm really excited about CiV, especially 1UPT.

Huh?

:confused:Whats 1UPT:confused:

Top Bottom