1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Level of Play vs Posts on the Forum

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by IMADAJ, Jun 24, 2020.

?

What level do you normally play at/post for

Poll closed Jul 1, 2020.
  1. Easier than Prince

0.8%
  2. Prince

14.1%
  3. Harder than Prince

85.2%
  1. IMADAJ

IMADAJ Chieftain

I'm just a bit curious after lurking on the forum and reading everyone's tips and strategies, what level play does everyone post on the forum for? Are most posts geared to the Deity players, the warlords, prince? Just a quick poll to get a feel.

2. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

There should be an easier way to determine this ....
    If only everyone else would get on board....

↓↓↓↓↓↓

Arithmion, Vandlys and pjotroos like this.
  3. Haig

Haig Deity

I play King, sometimes with Emperor but there I struggle.

I dont always go full speed towards a victory but like to more roleplay or try fun stuff.

Good idea about the signature, I like how there's a user here that has his current game on the signature (like Current game: Netherlands, continents, prince)

4. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

Like @Haig, I'm another King player who prefers roleplaying and immersion to quick, efficient wins. At the moment I'm playing an Emperor game and doing very well, but I'm playing Maori on a Terra map, which is basically cheating.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  5. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Can't see signatures on mobil. :p

I think the poll would be more informative if you listed all the different lvls. There is quite a gap between king and deity. Emperor player myself.

Hawke9, AntSou, Myomoto and 8 others like this.
  6. Hans Castorp

Hans Castorp Prince

I vary, all the way from King to Deity, depending on what I want to do. I don't find King or Emperor particularly challenging, but if I want to play around with wonders and such, I'll go to them. Deity I usually only play with stronger civs, but there is much less room for mucking about on Deity and Immortal. I guess it depends on my mood.

Leucarum likes this.
  7. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

I was not aware of that.
    I just verified.
    What an odd design decision.

8. Virdrago

Virdrago Wandering

I play Emperor, and a lot of the time I don't win, but I don't mind. Higher levels are too hard, lower too easy.

9. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I play Prince very rarely but I do
    I normally play 70% emperor and 30% deity but lately its all been deity apart from testing when I play at all difficulties.

10. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I play deity when I'm going for a domination victory, immortal when I'm going for other victories.

11. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

I usually play at immortal. When I take a civ that I feel is a little OP I will go Deity sometimes. And if I decide to try something very different from my usual playstyle, or that I feel will really hamper me, I will go emperor.

bbbt likes this.
  12. Katyria

Katyria Chieftain

I almost exclusively play on prince, sometimes lower difficulties when I am trying something new. Though I have thought about trying to increase the difficulty I am just worried I wouldn't have as much fun!

13. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

This is pretty much me. I have become more adept at winning on diety, but it will usually require some restarts until I find myself not completely squashed between three AIs.

tedhebert and bbbt like this.
  14. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Prince

I for one play on Emperor.

15. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Mostly emperor, sometimes up or down a notch for various reasons.

Hawke9 likes this.
  16. gunnerxtr

gunnerxtr King

Playing on Emperor now. King seemed too easy. In my Emperor game I was pleasantly surprised to see that the AI wars much more frequently and there are 3 other Civs I am racing for top score. It looks like I will still win via Science without issue, but Emperor looks to be a good level without having to be overly consumed with Min/Maxing.

17. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

Exclusively Deity in Civ VI.

18. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

Only deity.
    I don't see any reason to play any below

So anythin I write on board, including elimination threads, refers always to deitty singleplayer (so it is also why I don't understand rating immortals as unit so high, mongolia out of top3 in domination and so on)

19. Brutus2

Brutus2 Prince

The thing is that deity gives so many free advantages to the AI that it really limits the options for game play. It is certainly possible to win on Deity with any civ or victory and although sometimes things just don't go your way, I have beaten Deity many times and I know I am more than capable of winning on Deity but it's not really fun. So, I tend to play on Emperor if I want a more casual game with a good chance at building the wonders I want and likely avoid war or Immortal if I am in the mood for more war but Deity just doesn't make for a fun enjoyable game for me after doing it a few times for the challenge.

20. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Yeah, at least for me playing on Deity just leaves out too many of the parts of civ that make me like playing. Though, i'll be honest, i'm so out of practice playing that way I'd probably get wrecked.

tedhebert likes this.