Level of Play vs Posts on the Forum

What level do you normally play at/post for

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMADAJ

Chieftain
I'm just a bit curious after lurking on the forum and reading everyone's tips and strategies, what level play does everyone post on the forum for? Are most posts geared to the Deity players, the warlords, prince? Just a quick poll to get a feel.

There should be an easier way to determine this ....
If only everyone else would get on board....

↓↓↓↓↓↓

I play King, sometimes with Emperor but there I struggle.

I dont always go full speed towards a victory but like to more roleplay or try fun stuff.

Good idea about the signature, I like how there's a user here that has his current game on the signature (like Current game: Netherlands, continents, prince)

Like @Haig, I'm another King player who prefers roleplaying and immersion to quick, efficient wins. At the moment I'm playing an Emperor game and doing very well, but I'm playing Maori on a Terra map, which is basically cheating.

There should be an easier way to determine this ....
If only everyone else would get on board....

↓↓↓↓↓↓

Can't see signatures on mobil. :p

I think the poll would be more informative if you listed all the different lvls. There is quite a gap between king and deity. Emperor player myself.

I vary, all the way from King to Deity, depending on what I want to do. I don't find King or Emperor particularly challenging, but if I want to play around with wonders and such, I'll go to them. Deity I usually only play with stronger civs, but there is much less room for mucking about on Deity and Immortal. I guess it depends on my mood.

I play Emperor, and a lot of the time I don't win, but I don't mind. Higher levels are too hard, lower too easy.

I play deity when I'm going for a domination victory, immortal when I'm going for other victories.

I usually play at immortal. When I take a civ that I feel is a little OP I will go Deity sometimes. And if I decide to try something very different from my usual playstyle, or that I feel will really hamper me, I will go emperor.

I almost exclusively play on prince, sometimes lower difficulties when I am trying something new. Though I have thought about trying to increase the difficulty I am just worried I wouldn't have as much fun!

I usually play at immortal. When I take a civ that I feel is a little OP I will go Deity sometimes. And if I decide to try something very different from my usual playstyle, or that I feel will really hamper me, I will go emperor.
This is pretty much me. I have become more adept at winning on diety, but it will usually require some restarts until I find myself not completely squashed between three AIs.

Playing on Emperor now. King seemed too easy. In my Emperor game I was pleasantly surprised to see that the AI wars much more frequently and there are 3 other Civs I am racing for top score. It looks like I will still win via Science without issue, but Emperor looks to be a good level without having to be overly consumed with Min/Maxing.

Only deity.
I don't see any reason to play any below

So anythin I write on board, including elimination threads, refers always to deitty singleplayer (so it is also why I don't understand rating immortals as unit so high, mongolia out of top3 in domination and so on)

The thing is that deity gives so many free advantages to the AI that it really limits the options for game play. It is certainly possible to win on Deity with any civ or victory and although sometimes things just don't go your way, I have beaten Deity many times and I know I am more than capable of winning on Deity but it's not really fun. So, I tend to play on Emperor if I want a more casual game with a good chance at building the wonders I want and likely avoid war or Immortal if I am in the mood for more war but Deity just doesn't make for a fun enjoyable game for me after doing it a few times for the challenge.

Yeah, at least for me playing on Deity just leaves out too many of the parts of civ that make me like playing. Though, i'll be honest, i'm so out of practice playing that way I'd probably get wrecked.

Top Bottom