Liberating city states

CultureManiac

Prince
Is there any point? I liberated a city state and didn't gain any more influence from envoys, or even a thank you note - no bonus at all. Unless I'm worried about getting overexended by taking too many cities too quickly, is there a good reason to liberate them?

-Big reduction in warmongering.
-Important hit to your enemy.
-Returning the CS the table, which means the CS ability is up for grabs again.

In any case, I do agree liberating a CS should probably award some extra envoys, or at least X turns as suzerain by default.

You do become their suzerain when you liberate them, don't you? I remember doing that in a few games, you get a few envoys and instant suzerain status. Or am I remembering this wrong?

You do become their suzerain when you liberate them, don't you? I remember doing that in a few games, you get a few envoys and instant suzerain status. Or am I remembering this wrong?

I'm not sure about that Deaga, but I can confirm you don't get extra envoys if you are already the Suzerain.

I've liberated 2 city states up until today. Had 3 envoys and I was suzerain in both. Things just returned to normal once the CS was liberated.

When conquered all envoys were lost...you gained 3 on liberating them, and you lost 3 when they were conquered. (It would be the same regardless of your envoys before...liberate them-3, everyone else-0)

It probably should be more (5 or 6)

When conquered all envoys were lost...you gained 3 on liberating them, and you lost 3 when they were conquered. (It would be the same regardless of your envoys before...liberate them-3, everyone else-0)

It probably should be more (5 or 6)

Thanks KrikkitTwo, If I understood correctly:

When a CS is conquered, all envoys are lost. If you liberate a CS, you get 3 envoys, the minimum required for suzerainity, with everyone else at 0.

Is this correct?

I am always liberating CSs, and I seem to always become suzerain afterwards. I usually was before, so dunno if that makes a difference.

I am always liberating CSs, and I seem to always become suzerain afterwards. I usually was before, so dunno if that makes a difference.
Me too, but sometimes I do not get the option to liberate. Anyone else seen this? Is it a bug or maybe you loose the ability after x number of turns?

Me too, but sometimes I do not get the option to liberate. Anyone else seen this? Is it a bug or maybe you loose the ability after x number of turns?
You can only liberate the turn you take it. (you probably also can't liberate if you conquered it originally)..[both assumptions but I'm pretty sure that is how it works]

You can only liberate the turn you take it. (you probably also can't liberate if you conquered it originally)..[both assumptions but I'm pretty sure that is how it works]

I was thinking that if it had been occupied by a Civ (other than the human) for x number of turns that it somehow lost the ability of being revived?

I experienced an odd glitch / bug related to WONDERS and conquered city states. My opponent AI, Japan, had conquered the city state long ago, and had since then built 2 ancient wonders there: Pyramids and Hanging Gardens. I liberated the City State rather than keeping it for myself -- and now those 2 wonders became available to be built in my own cities.

I did not experiment with conquering the city-state myself and seeing what would happen with 2 copies of the Wonder in play... having 2 Builder bonuses from the Pyramids of 30% extra growth would've been a neat thing to go for, if it worked.

I experienced an odd glitch / bug related to WONDERS and conquered city states. My opponent AI, Japan, had conquered the city state long ago, and had since then built 2 ancient wonders there: Pyramids and Hanging Gardens. I liberated the City State rather than keeping it for myself -- and now those 2 wonders became available to be built in my own cities.

There is a Bug Report thread on this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threa...in-another-city-after-cs-is-liberated.601841/

I liberated a CS as I was attacking through it to get to Russia's capital.

What I didn't like was all my units moved outside the border. The battle was very difficult due to their "defender of the faith " pantheon.

Being the first time doing this. I decided to reload and raze the CS instead.

Top Bottom