1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

OMG, I hope the -18 penalty being removed by giving a city to the AI isn't a thing anymore. GS is such a good opportunity to redesign this whole mess.

2. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

That promo definitely seems way too strong. I think the loyalty drop should depend on the success of the performance, and 50 should be the max. Or that 50 should be dependent on the current pressure, so if the city is sitting at +30 per turn, then the indie effect would only be -20 to the city. That way, it could be used to flip a city that's already falling, but can't flip a "safe" city.

Wyvern_Parade likes this.
  3. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Firaxis’s justification for this was:

1. The chance of two indie promotions appearing around the same time is low.

2. Late game city flips are not that big of a deal.

Take it as you wish.

4. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

5. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

You permanently take the city regardless of whether the AI cedes it to you during the peace treaty.

6. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Not true. Unless you are playing small maps.

Having the Ai cede you cities is of course going to make them hate you more.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2019
  7. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Oi.

True, I admit, but still!

Pietato likes this.
  8. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I did a thread on Reddit, where I feel more free to post stuff without further confirmation :mischief:. I hope it get the devs attention and the next patch finally will be that beautiful, amazing patch that will finally turn the cede mechanic into something interesting.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  9. Draco84

Draco84 Warlord

I'm all for grievances being earned for keeping enemy cities, more than just taking them immediately.

During peace deals you should just be forced to either give back the cities or take ownership with a diplomatic penalty (as is now with ceded cities) don't allow a war to end without giving proper ownership to cities and problem solved.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  10. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

@thegamemechanic

Best bit about his stream is how excited he is about the foreign continent eureka being fixed. I share his excitement!

Cede Mechanic. I love the idea of cities being ceded. I don’t really care what the Mechanic does - it just needs to do something!

11. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I managed to snag it in my Inca game. Unfortunately that's a mountain tile I can't work, but it gives me something delightful to do with flat land adjacent to mountains. :p Also it looks glorious. :D I also managed to get the Great Bath in my first attempted game, which I abandoned because Suleiman is evil. :shifty: The AI doesn't seem to go for it: it still hasn't been built in my rebooted game.

12. Jewman

Jewman Prince

Also got Machu Pichu in my first game as Inca but i beelined aqueducts and accidentally loaded a prince game so I don't know how often I will be able to do this on higher difficulties. Those commercial hubs/theatre squares were incredible tho.

Zaarin likes this.
  13. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

I'm not convinced it's a bug. To an extent it is double-counting grievance, but maybe it's priced in. I can see some value in splitting grievance. When you take the city initially, you establish yourself as a threat and deny the other player production. When you keep the city, you get the rest of the penalty.

Seek likes this.
  14. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

It looks like this has been solved as of GS, but the prior problem was you could keep the city and not get any penalty, by just not having the AI cede it to you.