LK104 - AWM & 20K

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
I have decided to do one more of these, as the first is turning out to easy.
This time the military part will be harder as I am making it a Pangaea. I am also tightening the use of leaders.

Signed Up:
LKendter
Open Slot
Open Slot
Open Slot
Open Slot

Difficulty = Monarchy
Civilization = TBD
Barbs = None
World Size = Standard, 60% water, Pangaea

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Additional restrictions:
Armies may NOT be used more then 5 tiles from a cultural border.

Leaders may ONLY be used for armies or to rush a building in the 20K city. If you can't form an army the leader must go to the 20K city.

I hope we get a few leaders this game to pull of another finish a wonder, and rush a small wonder move. That is the big thing that has LK103 in such great shape for culture.

This is the standard LK AW type game with NO initial trading.

1) Previous AW experience, preferably emperor.
2) 20K win, preferably at emperor.

The rules have been revised.

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Abuse Tactics - Denying resources, blocking key tiles, RoP rape, or other ways to screw-up a civ via the RoP. A scout in AI territory has an explicit RoP and is subject to this rule.

Peace Treaty abuse - If you get concessions from the AI you must wait for the 20 turns to end before declaring another war.

Resource abuse - You can't disconnect / reconnect a resource every turn for the sake of building cheap units to upgrade with excess cash.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship in the same square not using any movement, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Mass troop jumping - You can't give away a give a city to transport a large amount of troops to another landmass.

Worker baiting - You can't spread around and sacrifice workers to an oncoming attack. This is often done to avoid losing real units or cities. This takes advantage of the AI failure to prioritize targets.

Worker blockades - You can't fortify a bunch of workers along the coast to prevent invasions, or shut down the borders with workers. The workers must be actively doing something.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.

2) Our reputation is golden - please respect it.

3) You may not declare war on a civ if you are currently shipping cash and / or goods to the civ. The ONLY exception is a pure per-turn deal if it is the last war of the game. I still don't like this, but this is a concession to the SG community standards.

4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.

5) As you probably know barbs are screwed up in C3C. It is preferred that you add the following line to your Civ3 .ini file - noAIpatrol=0. Adding "noAIpatrol=0" to the .ini file turns the annoying patrolling back on for the AIs, but also restores movement to the barbarians.

count me in unless you take only members of the first game

ThERat said:
count me in unless you take only members of the first game
This one is open to all eligible players...

Signed Up:
LKendter
ThERat
Open Slot
Open Slot
Open Slot

I am an LK virgin. Maybe it is time to bring that to an end. Sign me up Lee.

A chance at an LK game with some of my comrades from Goz8? I certainly have to take advantage of that. I'll join as well.

Sir Bugsy said:
I am an LK virgin. Maybe it is time to bring that to an end. Sign me up Lee.
I didn't think there were many of those left. :blush:

Signed Up:
LKendter
ThERat
Sir Bugsy
Kaiser_Berger
Open Slot

Signed Up:
LKendter
ThERat
Sir Bugsy
Kaiser_Berger
dl123654

I will work on getting this started later, and look like the civ list for the LK series and pick one that hasn't been played in a while.

I took a look at the civs that haven't see action in a long time in the LK series.

1) America with the worthless expansionist trait.
2) England that sucks for 20K as the Colossus trips the GA.
3) Sumeria for the ultimate in hyper-early GA.
4) Greece that I hate the early GA along with Hoplites feel like cheating.
5) Egypt / Rome / Babylon that all have the despotic GA problem.
6) Germany that I can't think of a problem with. Our civ will be Germany.

Germany sounds good, haven't played them in a long time as well

Well Germany is tougher to get a start with, as I really want a coastal 20K city. I had several rejects with out being stuck nowhere near ocean. I may swap to England if I can't draw a decent start soon.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/LK104-1750BC.zip

Destiny is always strange. The very next start after I complained about getting a good coastal city I get an awesome 20K city, just to have the Mongols overrun me before 2000 BC. 20K had 8 bonus grasslands and a cow on the plains. :cry:

This is part of the trouble with the double goal. You need that second settler ASAP, and the hurts the typical AW military build up.

3950 BC
Berlin is formed.

3100 BC
Leipzig is formed to be the 20K city.

1990 BC
(IT) With just $13 to our name we are the 4th wealthiest nation. :rolleyes:

==========================

Summary:
We have contact with no other civs.

The 20K city is doing great as a temple is already completed, and Colossus is just 7 turns away.

We are suffering from the typical slow start due to Leipzig hogging all of the food. 2 cities are completed and Berlin has a barracks. A settler is moving to city site #3.

We desperately need more workers as Leipzig is working 2 unimproved tiles. This is very bad for a 20K attempt.

So far this is no sign of horses. There are a lot of hills, so iron has a good chance.

I am heading to yellow dot next as it has bonus food, and the least risk of contact. I am hoping to have one or two more cities on-line before the fighting begins. Green and gray have the biggest contact risk. Purple should come before green so that there is a least one support city. The same situation exists with red before gray.

Signed up:

LKendter
ThERat (currently playing)
Sir Bugsy (on deck)
Kaiser_Berger
dl123654

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 hours to at complete.

Additional restrictions:
Armies may NOT be used more then 5 tiles from a cultural border.

Leaders may ONLY be used for armies or to rush a building / small wonder in the 20K city. If you can't form an army the leader must go to the 20K city.

The game MUST be won by 20K - period.

This is the standard LK AW type game with NO initial trading.

got it, which direction do we go for research? IW is good for fighting, but no good for culture built up.

writing to open up the important techs such as lit?

ThERat said:
got it, which direction do we go for research? IW is good for fighting, but no good for culture built up.

writing to open up the important techs such as lit?

It is very hard to say. We have Pyramids and Oracle already to go for next.

I started Alphabet, but next may depend on how soon before we meet another civ. Once war starts we need a good unit. Of course, alphabet was to also open up the all important catapults.

I think masonry should be next for pyramids and pre-builds.

Sir Bugsy said:
I think masonry should be next for pyramids and pre-builds.

We already have Masonry for Pyramids and Mysticism for Oracle as a backup. I also hit Masonry to push us closer to Math.

We have all first tier techs except Alphabet (due in 4 turns), and pottery. I am in no rush for pottery, as we may get the Pyramids provided we go for them immediately after the nice hunk of bronze...

save

Pre-Turn
in my mind the worker should not improve Berlin, but the land between the new cities
will let him road then go back

1. 1725BC
zzz

2. 1700BC
found Hamburg, worker first

3. 1675BC
reduce science, alpha in 1

IT alpha in, IW in 12 or maths in 16, go for IW then
Berlin finishes archer, go for another spear before a settler

4. 1650BC
give cow to berlin for 1 turn since Leipzig will grow even without it

5. 1625BC
Leipzig grows and we need to increase lux to 30%
playing with tile assignments every turn but Colossus is still due in 2

6. 1600BC
nth

IT Berlin finishes a spear, settler next,

7. 1575BC
due to Colossus we can reduce lux to 20% :D
Berlin gets cow so it will grow to 4 before the settler is ready
pyramids due in 37 turns :eek:

8. 1550BC
nth much but shifting worked tiles to optimize
cow back to Leipzig, settler still due in 4

9. 1525BC
zzzz

10. 1500BC
one worker finishes mining BG, pyramids drop to 31 turns, decide not to road since Colossus gives us the extra commerce
already, rather mine another grass

IW is due in 3 or 4 depending on our financial situation

Top Bottom