loading probs

madaxeman59

Chieftain
Hi
I am unable to get civ 4 to load my dvd and cd drives do not see the disc at all I have returned one copy to the retailer thinking it was faulty but the replacement is the same I have tryed my lap top and desk top but no luck the drives simply will not run the disk at all.
This is not the first time I have had probs with games but they normaly load b 4 crashing I have pirates this runs for a while then my pc shuts off power down reboot or no signal message on the fpm .
I am begining to think running games on the pc is waste of time and cash as its allways the same story find a game try to load it for days debug buy more up speck hardware and watch it crash.
I have good anti spy ware bitdefender anti virus and firewall etc as far as I can tell it,s not a virus causing the prob my mother board as an asrock with amd 3500 xp and I run a mediamax radeon 9600xt 256mb ati graphics card I have updated the drivers all to no avail.
Anone who has any sugestions or tips on how to get my pc to see and run the disk feel free to send any help poss b 4 I take a big hammer and give this son bit*h a real good reprograming.
cheers for now one very stressed fed up non game playing pinter chris the madaxeman:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
p.s does anyone ever just get a game to load and run right off??:

1. English and wall of text.
2. What are your CD and DVD drives?
3. Make sure you have disabled anything that can interfere with copy protection (Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, even Nero therse days.)

Hi I have a lite on dvd rw sohw812s and a samsung cd rom sc152g the dvd came with roxio basic 6 I also tryed my tosh lap top same thing it can not see the disc at all ???
I see on the forum that many people talk of having two discs this version has only one and a book ? may be its something for the uk market any how it sucks I tryed shutting down bitdefender etc no luck it just does not see a disc at all .
P.S any one in the uk did u get one disc or two ??

Top Bottom