Looking for Feedback on my Mod Selection

Torvald

Prince
Before moving on to Civ VI, I previously played Civ V extensively in the past, including using numerous mods, including Vox Populi.

I now feel played out in Civ VI, and Civ 7 has not been released yet, so I would like to go back to playing Civ V for awhile using the latest version (2.6) of Vox Populi, plus most of the mods that I previously used.

However, much time has passed since I played with the earlier versions of Vox Populi, and I've lost track of which mods are fully compatible with VP and which mods have been incorporated into it.

Therefore, I'm attaching an MS Word file showing the mods that I'm thinking of using with VP version 2.6, and would really appreciate feedback on my proposed mod selection.

For example, is the "More Unique Components for VP" mod still viable, or did it get replaced by the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Unique Components mods?

Also, should I use both the Enlightenment Era mod and the Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi) mod together, or use only one mod at a time?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Mods Used with Vox Populi version 2.6.docx
    350.9 KB · Views: 37
Okay, I see there have been 50 views of my post so far, but no replies posted yet.

Just in case it was because folks were cautious about opening an MS Word file, I am now attaching a safer to open PDF file of my proposed list of mods to use with VP version 2.6.

Best wishes.

Okay, I see there have been 50 views of my post so far, but no replies posted yet.

Just in case it was because folks were cautious about opening an MS Word file, I am now attaching a safer to open PDF file of my proposed list of mods to use with VP version 2.6

Oops, forgot to attach the PDF file a minute ago, so here it is.

Best wishes.

Attachments

• Mods Used with Vox Populi version 2.6.pdf
    248.8 KB · Views: 25
Good idea about pasting my list of mods here. It is a very long list, as I used to utilize numerous Civ V mods prior to playing with VP 2.6, but here goes:
Why don't you just paste the text here instead of putting it in a separate file?
Good idea, so will try pasting the list of mods here. It is a long list, though.

1663509734009.png

1663509805224.png

1663509864326.png

1663510008590.png

Okay, based on your advice, I've significantly reduced the number of mods that I will try using alongside Vox Populi, and have checked as well as I can that these mods will be VP compatible.

However, just to make sure I'm not trying to duplicate any existing VP content, can anyone point me to where I can find a list of mods that are already included in the latest version of Vox Populi?

Thanks.

it’s not going to work if you try to play Gaia and VP mods at the same time. You can only have 1 DLL mod active at a time.

I am guessing this many mods will cause stability issues. You might have the game crash on you.

Thanks for everone's feedback.

I've finally been able to get Vox Populi to work for me using auto installer v2.6, provided that I also first manually install the older EUI version 1.28g. (I tried using more recent versions of EUI, but they would not work for some reason.)

I also slowly added mods one at a time to test if they would work at game setup. Will need to keep my fingers crossed in hopes they won't cause any late game crashes.

While testing mods one at a time, I found some of the mods supposedly VP compatible, like Improved City View, did not work with this latest version of Vox Populi. Oh, well.

At any rate, here are the mods I'm planning to use when starting a new VP game tomorrow, playing as the Romans:
  • (JEM) Civ Tweaks - Rome
  • (JEM) Granary Includes Cows
  • More Unique Components for Vox Populi
  • Barbarians - Unlimited EXP
  • Calypsos's Colored Religious Icons (Basic)
  • Communitas Map
  • Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi
  • Faster Aircraft Animations
  • Global - Enable Magellan
  • Legion Mod
  • Less Ice on Maps
  • Mechanized Infantry with Soldiers, Resized
  • National Wonder Splash Screens
  • Policy - Free Archer (a tweaked version of a very old WHoward/Thalassicus mod)
  • R.E.D. Hotfix
  • R.E.D. Modpack
  • RemoveBanLuxury
  • Resource - Granary Includes Bison
  • Ressource - Mint Includes Copper
  • Scouts Ignore Borders
  • UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi)
  • UI - Project Splash Screens (downloaded from WHoward)
  • UI - Relgion Spread (downloaded from WHoward)
  • Wonder Race

Here's hoping for a good VP gaming experience tomorrow, with a little luck thrown in for good measure.

Thanks for the info about the Faster Aircraft Animations mod being built into VP.

Game Update: I went ahead and played a game as Rome, using the full set of Vox Populi autoinstaller v2.6 plus EUI v1.28g, and had lots of fun, eventually winning my game via domination on a Communitas map.

At the conclusion of that game, however, I decided that I had lost interest in using the full set of VP modules, such as the extra city state diplomacy features, etc.

Therefore, I am currently playing using just the basic Community Patch module (although using an older module version, v88), plus EUI (also an older version, v1.28g).

By using this reduced game set up, I was able to safely add many of the separate Civ V mods that I had wanted to use.

Best wishes & happy gaming.

Hi Torvald. May you share the modpack here? In my own modpack, I use less, but similar mods that you use. I have had an issue with the 3rd and 4th unique components for VP where resources that spawn from special civilization buildings (namely the Shoshone buffalo pound, Roman latifundium improvement, and Egypt Nilometer.) would not spawn on the modpack version but work just fine on single player. I am not sure what the issue is and wondered what your process was that was different than mine. I followed the instructions on the Multiplayer Mods Workaround steam page but that is practically it. Perhaps you could let me know if you are having resources appear when you build a buffalo pound and see if it is a modpack issue for everyone or if it is just me.

Harold Smith,

Per your request, I'm attaching 7zipped copies of the older Community Patch v88 and EUI v1.28g mods that I am currently using in Civ 5.

This basic setup is working well for me, along with about 50 additional mods. (Please note that I am using only the Community Patch part of Vox Populi.)

The only snag I've encountered is that sometimes the game balks at advancing to the next turn. However, I've found this is caused by there being a pending World Events choice waiting for me to click on the exclamation mark icon and inputting my event decision.

It is possible that using just the latest Community Patch v109 and EUI v1.29i might also work while using additional non Vox Populi mods, but I haven't had a chance to test that particular configuration yet.

Best wishes.

Attachments

• (1) Community Patch.7z
    14.2 MB · Views: 15
  • EUI v1.28g.7z
    473.7 KB · Views: 16
Harold Smith,

Here is a list of the Mods I am currently successfully using with Community Patch v88 from an Earlier Vox Populi version, plus the earlier version EUI v1.28g

NOTE: Most of these mods are from the Steam Workshop, although a few are from elsewhere.

(1) Community Patch (v88) = (the later version v109 is also available from VP v2.6) (I have not yet checked what version is in the just released Vox Populi v2.7 Auto Installer package)

(3UC) – 3rd Unique Components (v7)

(4UC) – 4th Unique Components (v10)

(5UC) – 5th Unique Components (v2)

(JEM) Bath House (v2)

(JEM) Building Tweaks – Watermill (v1)

(JEM) Civ Tweaks – Rome (v1)

(JEM) Dam (v2)

(JEM) Granary Includes Cows (v1)

(JEM) Observatory Mod (v1)

(JEM) Spy Training Center (v1)

African Forest Elephant Fix (v100)

Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments (v1)

Barbarians – Unlimited EXP (v2)

Battleships to Missile Cruisers (v1)

Calypsos’s Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v4)

Capitol Railroad Boost (v1)

Communitas Map (v1)

Covered Catapults/Trebuchets/Cannons (v2)

Enlightenment Era

Faster Aircraft Animations (v3)

Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes (v101)

Global – Enable Magellan (v10)

Helicopters Can Fly Over Water (v3)

Improved Air Recon (v1)

Less Ice on Maps (v101)

Less Warmonger Hate (v10)

LibertyMod (v4)

Mechanized Infantry with Soldiers, Resized (v2)

Missile Cruiser – Indirect Fire (v1)

More Luxuries (v155)

National Wonder Splash Screens (v10)

No World Congress Until Globalisation (v1)

Perfectworld3 – Updated (v5)

Policy – Free Archer (a tweaked version of an old WHoward/Thalassicus mod)

Promotion – Ancient Ruin Choices (v2)

Promotion Flags – EUI (v1.1)

Promotions – Siege Units – Indirect Fire (v2)

R.E.D. Hotfix (v3)

R.E.D. Modpack (v27)

RemoveBanLuxury (v1)

Resource – Granary Includes Bison (v3)

Ressource – Mint Include Copper (v2)

Scouts Ignore Borders (v2)

SiegeBoost (v1)

Smart AI (v3)

Speedy Starting Settler (v1)

Terrain – Poor Tiles Tweak (v2)

Trading Posts Grow into Towns (v6)

UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (BNW,EUI) (v1)

UI - Project Splash Screens (v8) (downloaded from WHoward)

UI – Religion Spread (v13) (downloaded from WHoward)

Units – Scout to Explorer (v10)

War Less Damaged Captured Cities (v3)

Wide National Wonders (v1)

Wonder Race (v7)

** EUI – Enhanced User Interface DLC mod (v1.28g) / (a later version v1.29i is also available)

Best wishes.

What exactly are you using for unique components? It doesn't appear to be Pineapple Dan's version, which as of today, is now V. 83. Also, was wondering if you could post the full modpack so I can evaluate and see if I can find out the issue.

For unique components, I am currently using the following three non-Vox Populi mods:
(3UC) – 3rd Unique Components (v7)
(4UC) – 4th Unique Components (v10)
(5UC) – 5th Unique Components (v2)

Please note that these 3 mods work okay with using just the older Community Patch v88, plus EUI v2.8g, but they don't seem to work when using the entire set of Vox Populi Auto Installer VP mods.

Earlier today, I tried to upload for you a 7zipped file of all the mods I am currently using, but the Civfanatics website said the 7zipped modpack file was too big.

If you come across any non-VP mods I'm using that you want to use and cannot find elsewhere, let me know which ones you want, and I'll try to upload those for you. (or send me your email address)

Well, as you can see, I was trying to use a lot of extra non-VP mods and was encountering many game glitches when sticking to mod versions that were supposedly VP compatible, so just to play it safe, I reverted back to the older, non-VP unique components mods.

The newer VP-compatible mod from Pineapple Dan might work perfectly well; it's just that I haven't been able to confirm that with along with all those other mods I'm currently using.

I'm not familiar with gofile, but will give it a try in a few minutes.

Okay, I just now uploaded the 7zipped modpack file to https://gofile.io/d/p3Z7M4

Last edited:
Top Bottom