Looking for players (sundays)

Tijgersag

Chieftain
Hello people..

I am looking for a couple of people to have a relaxed game of Civ4. I have never played online but I'd really like to. I played a really good Civ2 MP game once with people from all over the world. I'm hoping to have a similar experience with lots of backstabbing and good fun.

My plan is to play for two sundays starting at 13:00 GMT+1 or maybe 15.00 if people from the American East Coast want to join. Then we'd play till 18.00, have a break for dinner/lunch and continue playing till about 24:00. I'm looking for 4-5 people who can do that for two sundays in a row. I have a lot of freetime right now.

Message me if you are interested.

Smiles,

Tigersag

maybe but im on a mac i'd have to be a d-ip (direct ip)
i think

I strongly suggest you set up a pitboss. You'll be able to have your long sessions if everyone's available, and will still be able to move ahead if they're not.

i would play, but i work at mcdonalds (hey, dont laugh...) and my schedule is really inconsistant. But i do recommend if you guys are trying to set up a game is to have everyone download xfire. My xfire is phcwolf. Im on alot whenever i can. Add me and ill try to play, but i just cant make any promises. Ill try to get my boss to let me have 2 sundays off, but i have to tell her 2 weeks in advanced. Pm me if you dont think you'll play until 2 weeks from now. If she lets me, then i can play anytime on sunday.

Put me on your list, I want to play!

Sunday is fine, from 13:00 until 24:00 is a long time, but let's try ...

heppcatt

I strongly suggest you set up a pitboss. You'll be able to have your long sessions if everyone's available, and will still be able to move ahead if they're not.

And what does the pitboss do exactly?

well i like to but playing from 1300 until 2400 is a bit too much gaming for me.

Well once we have a couple of players we can discuss a schedule that works for everybody, plus other details. We could play two times five hours too, or three times four. The point is to play a long game all the way through, in sessions, without having to rush it.

In response to the X-Fire comment somebody else made, I was thinking of using something like Hyves / myspace to form a group of people that can play on Sunday afternoon.

I've only time until 19 pm, then I have to go offline for at least one, maybe two hours. I can continue later on that evening, but perhaps it's best to end it around 19 pm, six hours of playing is a lot of time

About PitBoss:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=152361

I've never played a PitBoss game. It sound's interestend, maybe we should give it a try.

heppcatt

What would be the problem with it then?

A friend of mine could set it up and host a server to connect to. He has two really good computers and works as a network support guy. I have no idea what he does exactly but he has good equipment and a good internet connection.

I'm targetting sunday the 22nd and 29th of July for the game. After what you people have been telling me, maybe we could play two times five hours. Suggestions bout the set-up are very welcome. Maybe a scenario would be best.

Pitboss is for long term games wich takes years doing 1 turn every day. If u gonna do a game only on sundays on regular time do it via Gamespy lobby much eaysier to do. Just give the game a password.

Pitboss is for long term games wich takes years doing 1 turn every day. If u gonna do a game only on sundays on regular time do it via Gamespy lobby much eaysier to do. Just give the game a password.

I've played pitboss games that took a few hours. I've played some that took a few days, or a few weeks. I've played some that took months. It's versatility that counts. You meet with your friends on Sunday play for a few hours straight, and when you're done for the day you move a turn a day, until the following week, when everybody joins again. In my opinion, Pitboss is the only way to play a proper MP Civ game.

I would love to play on such a basis: a couple of hours once a week, where all players are online, and then for the rest of the week one turn each day.

heppcatt

yea i can play on those days, i just asked them off of work. So july 22nd and 29th for sure. Ill be able to play any time on those days. give a time and ill do the math for my local time for what it should be. amsterdam and illinois, united states are really far away :/

Top Bottom